PDA

View Full Version : Problem creating map in paint

The_Wormin
21 May 2009, 16:40
Hi there, I've been messing around altering other peoples maps for a while, and yesterday i completely overhauled someones wxw map so that it looks completely different in paint. Usually i don't have a problem opening the file however, with this map it says 'error opening file'. I've since followed this tutorial: http://worms2d.info/Colour_map where i've checked the map size, which is now 2560x928 to maintain the same aspect ratio, and also, followed the part on converting to a 256 bitmap then, resaving as a png. Frustratingly it still doesn't work, so i'm not really sure what i'm doing wrong. Ispent a couple of hours making the map and would really like to have a go on it so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

robowurmz
21 May 2009, 16:53
The maximum amount of colours is 112, isn't it? At least, that's what I remember.

The_Wormin
21 May 2009, 17:12
I'm not really sure, i just followed the tutorial. Also i used picresize.com to get it to the correct size, but for some reason paint won't let me open the correct size either. I saved the file as a .png off the picresize site, but paint says it does not support this file format.

CyberShadow
21 May 2009, 17:29
I guess that PicResize generates invalid .png files.

If you use solely Microsoft Paint for drawing, you must also use TweakPNG to reduce the palette. Note that if you do this after drawing your map, color loss may occur, so you may need to use a more powerful program to reduce the number of colors (like The GIMP).

The_Wormin
21 May 2009, 17:32
ok great thanks. I'll give that a go then. I'm not too bothered about colour loss so hopefully will be able to use the first method.