PDA

View Full Version : Mission Mode - messed up maps

Mooncow
8 May 2009, 14:58
Ok, so i've been playing through mission mode again, I have vista now.

On some missions (ermmm 2, 10, 13, 16, few others i forgot) the bottom section of the map becomes corrupt/messed up, and a selection of worms fall from the sky to the left most section of the map (landing just on the edge of land), followed by a selection of mines falling in the same place.

This is ok, i don't really mind, but however i am on mission 28 now (stolen goods, microprose map) and it has made the mission extremely hard.

Is this a common problem? Is it fixable?

franpa
8 May 2009, 15:13
reinstall the game, if it still occurs then stop pirating the game -.-

Mooncow
8 May 2009, 15:17
please stop accusing me of pirating the game thank you.

I'd like to see if there is anyone else with the same problem before i re-install the game.

bonz
8 May 2009, 15:37
IIRC, there were some German budget editions that had some mission files mixed up.
You ended to play some missions on the maps of others. The beta patches fixed that problem though.
So, do a clean reinstall and patch to the latest beta.

Also, another problem could be that the game is stuck on the same map for everything you try to play, but it doesn't exactly sound like your problem.
You'd need to delete a temporary file, that I don't know right now off of my mind, in your WA folder.

Mooncow
8 May 2009, 16:44
Hmm, nah this copy has had no problems, ive had it since the game first came out. I was even playing when the beta patches were first getting released by deadcode and no problems. I think it's a Vista thing.

I guess i'll try a fresh install later..