PDA

View Full Version : New Worms Movie - Showcase!!! The first worms video tournament!

Cueshark
5 May 2009, 19:50
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6015/showcaselogo.jpg
*wormers described may not necessarily be included in this production*

Welcome to Showcase!

The first worms movie and tournament all in one!

Each wormer in this movie sent me replays of their best moments along with their choice of music and thus the first video tournament was born ;O

Please vote for who you think should be the Showcase Champion!!!

Send votes to me with a private message or by email to cueshark@hotmail.com

Let the games commence!!

Cueshark :<

Download here - http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/showcase/

P.S -

If people are generally in favour of the idea I intend to start collecting people's replays for Showcase #2. I'll also welcome ideas for the structure of the tournament so this becomes a real community effort.

Should the replays be a mish mash of all types of should there be a separate showcase for ropers or artillery players etc? Any other suggestions welcome.

M.Penguin
5 May 2009, 20:01
nice! never heard of a tounament before. is it a big thing?

also, never knew how good the guy with the haunter picture was at that walking. whats that called?

Cueshark
5 May 2009, 21:04
nice! never heard of a tounament before. is it a big thing?

also, never knew how good the guy with the haunter picture was at that walking. whats that called?

I announced this tournament over a year ago on the fb forum and it's taken me this long to start the project! It would be good if more people were involved should people like the idea and want a bigger showcase movie! ;O

doben
6 May 2009, 01:37
+ mishmash tournament - showcase champ is the best overall player, or player with the biggest impact
- extra scheme showcases - don't think the community is big enough to do that properly
+ adding a poll to this thread - people could actually vote

@penguin: he's playing a battle race and doing some skipwalk (not to mix up with cripwalk, yo0o) :)

franpa
6 May 2009, 02:29
If he added a poll then anyone would vote rather then mostly only the ones that actually care.

CyberShadow
6 May 2009, 03:10
also, never knew how good the guy with the haunter picture was at that walking. whats that called?http://worms2d.info/BRSolver :)@penguin: he's playing a battle race and doing some skipwalk (not to mix up with cripwalk, yo0o) :)Actually, it's flipwalking (http://worms2d.info/Skipwalking#Flipwalking).

Cueshark
6 May 2009, 08:18
If he added a poll then anyone would vote rather then mostly only the ones that actually care.

He discovered that there's a maximum of 10 options for a vote...there are more than 10 players in this video ;<

doben
6 May 2009, 20:12
so shouldn't you get disqualified for using a br solver replay in that showcase, cs? :D

CyberShadow
7 May 2009, 03:53
Why's that? It took me two sleepless nights to write BRsolver, and lots of tinkering after to perfect it.

GoDxWyvern
7 May 2009, 09:32
One could argue that this is not a programming contest. :P

CyberShadow
7 May 2009, 10:45
Well, when I submitted the replay I didn't even know it was going to be a contest at all :) I thought Cue was just making a compilation. So feel free to "disqualify" me or whatever. :p

GreeN
7 May 2009, 11:57
Aw..

/me sticks CyberShadows replay onto the fridge with a magnet

doben
7 May 2009, 13:36
/kickbandisqualify CyberShadow for prog abuse xD

nah, actually i don't care, but after all this should be fair. we could vote for a lifework award for cs, instead ;)

CyberShadow
7 May 2009, 16:20
Well, I set up a voting system here:

http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/showcase/

The results will remain hidden until a yet-to-be-determined deadline - after all, we don't want to ruin the suspense :)

doben
7 May 2009, 21:16
you got me cs, i feel bad about it now ;P

GreeN
7 May 2009, 22:19
You're such a bully, doben

Shirdel
8 May 2009, 08:10
This actually makes me want to play Worms again, so I can show off my Awesome Epicness. XD

PixelP
8 May 2009, 23:36
That was great! Very entertaining.

Cueshark
16 May 2009, 21:22
The results are in!!!!!

The Showcase Champion is...DarkOne!!!!!!

DarkOne's stunning display of roping, bungeeing and zooking won our hearts and launched him to celebrity status as being the first in a long line of Showcase champions.

I think it's only fair that the rest of you wormers give him a harder fight for the next Showcase tournament.

DarkOne has already submitted his replays for the next tournament and I'm hoping that you save all your amazing replays and send me your submissions for Showcase #2.

Thanks to Cybershadow for all his PR work and for putting together the results page below.

http://wormtube.wyvsucks.org/showcase/

See you all soon and thanks for watching.

Cue :<

KRD
16 May 2009, 22:49
Nice work, MarcOne! That Skiddow and Bungee really sealed the deal for me. My other fives were Bloopy and Cue, so it could be said I'm happy with the results! :p

Also Johnshark and Shadimir for the neat presentation. :eek:

DarkOne
18 Oct 2009, 23:06
*bump*
Replays are being gathered for the second edition as we speak and several people have already sent their replays to Cueshark

More people are needed to make this contest work, though! Send replays with 30 seconds of awesomeness (including the time into the replay when the action starts) to cueshark@hotmail.com and let him know which music you want played and you're all set!

Cueshark
4 Nov 2009, 11:10
Indeed DarkOne.

This second Showcase is going to be even more exciting than the first with new features including commentary and flashy player intros.

There will also be an even more dramatic introduction if you believed it possible.

What makes you a good wormer? Is it your roping speed? Your shooting accuracy? Are you ridiculously lucky?

Whatever your skill, this is your chance to showcase your talents and be part of this movie tournament.

If you would like to be part of the movie send me an email! Any questions let me know.

Cue :<

X-Ray99
4 Nov 2009, 15:18
For those that already participated in the first edition, it's possible to enter again, but you're not allowed to use replays that have been used in the first edition.

I just wanted to add this, to make sure. :)

DarkOne
5 Nov 2009, 15:46
I just wanted to add this, to make sure. :)

Damn, I can't use the replays that won me the first edition? :(

8 people have submitted their things so far!