PDA

View Full Version : WA freezes after every game

[UFP]Ghost
27 Apr 2009, 01:27
pretty much as the title says, everything is cool and then the round ends. The screen with the awards pops up without any text and my worms mouse is then replaced with a normal mouse if moved. Then I simply click a bunch of commands t open stuff up till something steals focus and causes worms to minimize as control+alt+del won't do it. How would I fix this?

- xp
- latest patch

CyberShadow
27 Apr 2009, 01:55
Does this apply to you?
http://worms2d.info/Troubleshooting_FAQ#When_returning_from_a_game.2C_ I_get_a_black_screen_with_some_white_areas

[UFP]Ghost
27 Apr 2009, 05:11
http://www.box.net/shared/ozndmk67ti

I screen capped the black screen and seem to think i could have identified the problem but I'm not sure how to whitelist it?

I assume that's what is minimizing the game and not my random button pressings. I tried to have it start minimized but it just maximizes than freezes.

bonz
27 Apr 2009, 08:01
Ghost;692387']http://www.box.net/shared/ozndmk67ti

I screen capped the black screen and seem to think i could have identified the problem but I'm not sure how to whitelist it?

I assume that's what is minimizing the game and not my random button pressings. I tried to have it start minimized but it just maximizes than freezes.
Try choosing an option and then checking the "don't ask me again" box.

franpa
27 Apr 2009, 12:35
Don't use FFDSHOW (Always).

then tick the box like suggested ^

[UFP]Ghost
27 Apr 2009, 12:45
but i can't tick the box, that's a screen capture of what i saw as just a black screen. how can i otherwise add it to the blocklist?

franpa
27 Apr 2009, 16:05
Start -> All Programs -> FFDSHOW -> Configure audio (and Video) then in there you can properly manage it.

Melon
27 Apr 2009, 19:46
Alternatively, turn off the stereo sound tweak. This popped up for me when I turned it on, then decided I could be bothered and immediately turned it back off again.

I'm so lazy.

CyberShadow
27 Apr 2009, 19:51
Alternatively, turn off the stereo sound tweak. This popped up for me when I turned it on, then decided I could be bothered and immediately turned it back off again.

I'm so lazy.
Erm... which tweak? Did you disable Stereo sound effects, and the FFDshow window started popping up after doing that?

Melon
28 Apr 2009, 20:12
I thought I'd try out stereo sounds so I turned it on, and then that pop up box came up when I tried to have a match, or was it when I turned the game on? I can't remember now, but all I know is that turning on the stereo tweak caused it and it also left me at a blank screen that wouldn't continue until I'd tabbed out of the game and found that popup. I think I asked it to never show up again, as it didn't do it when I tried it again just now.

CyberShadow
28 Apr 2009, 20:59
There are several Stereo-related registry tweaks. Stereo sound effects are enabled by default, so importing "StereoEffects_Normal.reg" shouldn't have any effect unless you imported something else before that.