PDA

View Full Version : How about a quick extraction tool?

Malevol3nt
25 Apr 2009, 15:13
For the demo's? Multiselecting the files and doing an Extract Map for example doesn't seem to work. Maybe a batch script could do it?

boobl
25 Apr 2009, 15:22
Batch file with
for %1 in (*.wagame) do "E:\MicroProse\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe" /dir
"E:\MicroProse\Worms Armageddon" /getmap "%1"
Will do, but there will be tons of msgboxes

CyberShadow
25 Apr 2009, 15:34
Throw in a /q if you want to get rid of those :)

Malevol3nt
25 Apr 2009, 22:27
Batch file with
for %1 in (*.wagame) do "E:\MicroProse\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe" /dir
"E:\MicroProse\Worms Armageddon" /getmap "%1"
Will do, but there will be tons of msgboxes

That didn't do anything over here, just a message in cmd "for in (*.wagame)...". I changed mine to:
for %1 in (*.wagame) do "D:\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe" /dir
"D:\Worms Armageddon" /getmap "%1"

franpa
26 Apr 2009, 00:36
Considering you code, it should have been obvious to you that you had to change the path to match your own W:A folder.

Malevol3nt
26 Apr 2009, 03:48
Considering you code, it should have been obvious you had to change the path to W:A to match your W:A folder.

Considering your post, it should have been obvious for you to read my post before replying with such nonsense.

MrBunsy
26 Apr 2009, 09:36
Considering your post, it should have been obvious for you to read my post before replying with such nonsense.

All you did was change the dir.

robowurmz
26 Apr 2009, 10:55
Bunsy's right, you did nothing special at all.

Wormetti
26 Apr 2009, 11:46
He meant that after he changed the path, it still didn't do what he wanted. That could happen if he ran the command from the wrong folder or didn't put it all on one line.

Malevol3nt
26 Apr 2009, 14:53
All I did was nothing special?

Yeah well I asked for a batch file obviously because I don't know how to code my own. I thought it was logical to replace the path to my own worms folder, which I did. I ran the batch file in the Games folder where all the neat little *.wademo files are located.

He meant that after he changed the path, it still didn't do what he wanted. That could happen if he ran the command from the wrong folder or didn't put it all on one line.

Putting it all on one line didn't help either. Has anyone been able to use that batch script? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, maybe not. But I can't get it to work.

CyberShadow
26 Apr 2009, 14:59
You're supposed to run it from the folder with the replays you want to extract the maps from.

Full example code:D:
cd "D:\Worms Armageddon\User\Games\Replays with maps I want to extract"
for %1 in (*.wagame) do "D:\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe" /dir "D:\Worms Armageddon" /getmap "%1"

Malevol3nt
30 Apr 2009, 23:34
Hmm.. Now I get "The map is not exportable" errors. It exports fine if I right click > Extract map on the file tho. Weird..

CyberShadow
1 May 2009, 00:22
Right, my bad. It needs to be done from W:A's folder.D:
cd "D:\Worms Armageddon"
for %1 in ("D:\Worms Armageddon\User\Games\Replays with maps I want to extract\*.WAgame") do WA.exe /getmap "%1"