PDA

View Full Version : did i miss something... people could join my game after i already played a match

b1llygo4t
24 Apr 2009, 12:33
i hosted and closed the room to test something in game, when i was done i was gonna play another round when sup-buddy just apeared. i shat ma pants. am i just oblivious to this awsomenes??? or am i just tired?

Unrecognized command /crtelimit40

The host is going to apply these wkRubberWorm (v0.7.32) features:

sdet fdpt craterate(10) cratelimit(40)

Game will take advantage of the latest 3.6.29.0 features and bug fixes

[SQDb1llygo4t] wtf

[sup-buddy] BILLY

[sup-buddy] if its rubber its installed

[SQDb1llygo4t] how did you join my game?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[sup-buddy] as in i have rubber

[sup-buddy] :)

[SQDb1llygo4t] holly ****

[sup-buddy] umm

[sup-buddy] idk

[sup-buddy] i just

[sup-buddy] looked

[sup-buddy] it sayd

[SQDb1llygo4t] i already played a mach

[sup-buddy] your game

[SQDb1llygo4t] match

[sup-buddy] i double clicked

[sup-buddy] LOL

[sup-buddy] SERIOUS?

[SQDb1llygo4t] wtf

[SQDb1llygo4t] yes

[SQDb1llygo4t] holy ****

[sup-buddy] ****ing updates in the making EH

[sup-buddy] HOLY ****

[SQDb1llygo4t] i just played by my self for a minute

[sup-buddy] thats unbelieveable lol

[SQDb1llygo4t] w

[sup-buddy] hmm

[SQDb1llygo4t] o

[SQDb1llygo4t] w

[sup-buddy] thats why it said

[sup-buddy] SQDbillygo4t's Game

[sup-buddy] :D

[SQDb1llygo4t] no i hosted it as that

[sup-buddy] thats kewl

[sup-buddy] oh

[sup-buddy] serious?

[SQDb1llygo4t] solixa does it if you dont name the room

[sup-buddy] thats ****en awesome!

[SQDb1llygo4t] i know

[SQDb1llygo4t] wo

[sup-buddy] oh

[SQDb1llygo4t] ok

[sup-buddy] solixa

[SQDb1llygo4t] so

[sup-buddy] i have that

[sup-buddy] say /show

[SQDb1llygo4t] he super sheep are drop and activates

[sup-buddy] k

fdpt craterate(10) cratelimit(40)

[sup-buddy] sdet?

[SQDb1llygo4t] inf health

sdet fdpt craterate(10) cratelimit(40)

[sup-buddy] dont you need sdet?

[sup-buddy] ldet?

sdet ldet fdpt craterate(10) cratelimit(40)

[sup-buddy] :D

Game will take advantage of the latest 3.6.29.0 features and bug fixes

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] hey

[SQDb1llygo4t] hey

[SQDb1llygo4t] dude

[sup-buddy] ?

[SQDb1llygo4t] buddy

[sup-buddy] : |

[sup-buddy] : o

[sup-buddy] : O

[sup-buddy] : o

[sup-buddy] : |

[SQDb1llygo4t] im gonna host try to join me

[sup-buddy] ok

[SQDb1llygo4t] exit this

[SQDb1llygo4t] rejoin

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[sup-buddy] ?

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[SQDb1llygo4t] wow

[sup-buddy] lol???

[SQDb1llygo4t] ****ING SCROLL UP!!!

[sup-buddy] whats so wow --able?

[SQDb1llygo4t] way up!!1

[sup-buddy] all i see is WOW 8 times

[SQDb1llygo4t] rly?

[sup-buddy] yeh

[Barbarella] hey

[sup-buddy] say it agen

[SQDb1llygo4t] this is the same game you were just in

[SQDb1llygo4t] you rejoined

[sup-buddy] LUL

[SQDb1llygo4t] i hosted with solixa without closing worms

[sup-buddy] LULULULULULULULULUOLOLOLULUOLUOULOULUOLUOLUOLUOULU OLUOU

[sup-buddy] LOLUOLUOLUOULOULOULOULUOLUOULOULUOLUOULOULUOLUOULO ULUOLUOULUOLUOLUOULLUL

[SQDb1llygo4t] holy ****

[sup-buddy] B

[sup-buddy] amazing..

[Mate] hey

<Mate> ktl ktc afr cba

[sup-buddy] .show

[sup-buddy] .v

[sup-buddy] lol

[sup-buddy] .h2so4

[sup-buddy] .arrows

[sup-buddy] .gravity-1

[sup-buddy] .visc 1

[sup-buddy] MIHAIS

[```MihaiS`sW] ahoy!

[sup-buddy] long time no see

[sup-buddy] dude

[```MihaiS`sW] mhm

[sup-buddy] this guys using solixa

[sup-buddy] and he had a game

[sup-buddy] right

[Mate] man ur totaly stoned

[sup-buddy] and he didnt rehost

[sup-buddy] but im somewhat able to join it

[sup-buddy] as he has ALREADY played

[III] 2 vr 2 vr 2

[```MihaiS`sW] the game reopens

bonz
24 Apr 2009, 12:57
To answer your question properly, please post a file listing of all files on your HDD and also the telephone book and yellow pages of the three towns nearest to you.

franpa
24 Apr 2009, 14:20
It was introduced in 3.6.29.0?

b1llygo4t
24 Apr 2009, 18:03
Network games are automatically reopened in-between matches. It is possible to join a WormNET game using the URL given by the /url command, provided that the game's state is on the game options screen.

wow, so if you are using a snooper you can just hit host game and it will be in the hosted games box. neet. im surprised that this wasnt more of a big deal

sergelac
28 Apr 2009, 10:41
Network games are automatically reopened in-between matches. It is possible to join a WormNET game using the URL given by the /url command, provided that the game's state is on the game options screen.

wow, so if you are using a snooper you can just hit host game and it will be in the hosted games box. neet. im surprised that this wasnt more of a big deal

when i host a game, it is never reopened in-between matches

i try to host with
WA
ProSnooper
The Wheat Snooper

ps: im using 3.6.29.0, force-ip and wormkit

yakuza
28 Apr 2009, 11:49
AFAIK the game doesn't reappear in the game box in wormnet but it's still possible to join it if you have the "url" to it via a browser or the run command

MihaiS_v2
28 Apr 2009, 12:02
Or you can create a mirror to your game using a snooper, or you can create a mirror (bogus entry) to someone else's game and have people join their games through your computer, gaining the ability to control their connection to the actual server- this can be fun in some cases.

GreeN
28 Apr 2009, 20:48
Why do you encourage this type of activity?

MihaiS_v2
28 Apr 2009, 21:42
Green, don't be a drama queen.

GreeN
29 Apr 2009, 01:45
You consistently project pretentiously suggestive ideas on a public forum. Excuse me for introducing some well needed conflict

MihaiS_v2
29 Apr 2009, 02:20
Ye, you can kick people from other persons' games. Big deal! Let's see how many do it because of my post. ♪Drama drama♫

Reconsider your thoughts before turning a small dry poo into a bull's steaming hot stool.

franpa
29 Apr 2009, 03:55
Ye, you can kick people from other persons' games.
Elaborate please? kicking people from games your not the host of? or you hosting for someone else and kicking people to annoy the person your hostign for?

MihaiS_v2
29 Apr 2009, 04:48
Kicking people from games you're not the host of.

The idea came from a game I was playing with a friend using hosting whore. I joined his game and after it started, a mo.fo. went nuts spamming the chat box and calling us names.

You can create a game entry in the game list (without running W:A) pointing to any IP and hosting port, using any supported game name and user name. If you know somebody's IP and hosting port, both being easy to find out (viewing the source of http://wormnet1.team17.com/wormageddonweb/GameList.asp?Channel=AnythingGoes ), you use the fake game entry as a mirror for redirecting people to the desired server by a port forwarding operation.

You usually want to give the mirror a similar name to the server you're redirecting people to, otherwise they will most likely leave the host. It makes sense to do this if you join and play the game you're are able to kick people out of.

shoppa_mirror > port_forwarding_operation > actual_shoppa_server
- people connect to another game through your PC, thus you can disconnected them at will -

What drama queens don't know is that you have to own at least 2 computers connected to the Internet in order to be able to do this in an enjoyable fashion, not to mention the live port-forwarding tools needed for greater flexibility.

franpa
29 Apr 2009, 06:07
Bah, too complex for me to bother.

b1llygo4t
29 Apr 2009, 11:45
the makers of solixa pro and wheat should incorporate this. so it recognizes the keystrokes "/u" and rehosts for you

franpa
29 Apr 2009, 11:52
or "/r" which makes more sense?

Koen-ftw
29 Apr 2009, 12:16
or "/r" which makes more sense?

/r is already used for lighting up.

franpa
29 Apr 2009, 12:43
It is a snooper... can snoopers join games and chat to people without starting up W:A? ( I know they can't go in-game where gameplay takes place)

b1llygo4t
1 May 2009, 00:18
it wouldnt even have to communicate with worms. it would just have to recognize a keystroke. then just host with the same name as the last game. mabe use a 2 key combo so you dont accidentally spam wormnet

/u is what you type to get the link

wasnt there a macro program at some time that knew when the chat box was up or down based on key strokes?

i dont know if worms can output info anywere, then we could use a wk module to make a new command and have it say a neet message.

i dont know if this would even be worth it. i mean alll yopu have to do is minimize and host to do it.

although it would be cool to message AG from the game lobby

Konar6
1 May 2009, 18:42
Planned for future versions, see http://feedback.worms2d.info/pages/5998-worms-armageddon/suggestions/74263-rehost-button

b1llygo4t
2 May 2009, 05:19
wooo, thread has reached redundant status

cant wait for rehosty button

orbik
9 May 2009, 12:30
@Mihais
Of course kicking others isn't the only mischief available with port tunneling. Unfortunately manipulating gameplay directly wouldn't work, but you could forge packets to/from connected clients to fake chat.

Also I don't see a reason you'd need more than 1 computer for that, although it would save the hassle of minimizing WA every time.

KRD
9 May 2009, 18:01
Of course kicking others isn't the only mischief available with port tunneling. Unfortunately manipulating gameplay directly wouldn't work, but you could forge packets to/from connected clients to fake chat.

Also I don't see a reason you'd need more than 1 computer for that, although it would save the hassle of minimizing WA every time.

Unfortunately manipulating gameplay directly wouldn't work, but you could forge packets to/from connected clients to fake chat.

Unfortunately manipulating gameplay directly wouldn't work...

Unfortunately...

Word choice fail.

GreeN
9 May 2009, 20:48
Pretentiousness needs no moral

Btw, nice of you to pop in, orby :*

jsgnext
9 May 2009, 20:53
wooo, thread has reached redundant status

cant wait for rehosty button

I suggested that button since cybershadow started with that "suggestion system" but only 9 or less persons voted for it so i dont really think deadcode and cybershadow are working in it for the new beta update (sadly).....lets hope we have better luck with the map cache thing (at least ppl voted for it)

Malevol3nt
17 May 2009, 03:42
I'd like a big STFU button to silence those spammers in ag. :D

Har har