PDA

View Full Version : request wkfkey rearanger

b1llygo4t
23 Apr 2009, 08:39
pretty please with bananas on top? kinda like the f12 skip surender thing. mabe have the module refer to a txt file that defines the fkeys. i wouldnt care if the right click menu was left alone.

or mabe a weapon cycle key? that would be even better

bonz
23 Apr 2009, 11:03
or mabe a weapon cycle key? that would be even better
You really want to cycle through 60 items? :rolleyes:

boobl
23 Apr 2009, 22:44
Since im F keys expert now and there are bananas on top, here you are.

This module can easily replace wkF12 key (furthermore, they wont work together), because it provides more functionality.
Attached zip archive with module itself and default Fkey-weapons layout. There is also a brief readme in it.

While making it, i was wondering - can be usage of this kind of module treated as cheating? like binding space on other keys and so on...

P.S. Sorry for making config file sooooo user unfriendly.
And dont forget to back up the original one!

b1llygo4t
24 Apr 2009, 01:59
if i can assign em in any order to any fkeys i would

bonz
24 Apr 2009, 09:08
can be usage of this kind of module treated as cheating? like binding space on other keys and so on...
You can already use programs like AutoHotkey or Joy2Mouse to completely rearrange all keys.

The only thing I see, where people could have an advantage by using your module, is rearranging the weapons so they can access certain weapons quicker for specific schemes with a preset, not changing arsenal.
Won't help much with schemes with random crate drops.

franpa
24 Apr 2009, 09:54
He wants to rearrange the weapon order for each F key which isn't so easy to do, you need to do what malevelont has done.

b1llygo4t
24 Apr 2009, 10:22
Since im F keys expert now and there are bananas on top, here you are.

thank you thank you thank you!! thats so awsome. you must have posted as i was posting earlier, i just saw this

boobl
25 Apr 2009, 10:41
The only thing I see, where people could have an advantage by using your module, is rearranging the weapons so they can access certain weapons quicker

Yes, thats what I mean, now I can move that really annoying teleport and scales of justice from F8, where must be only rope and chute.

b1llygo4t
25 Apr 2009, 22:25
and move the anoying homing weps and strikes so they dont stop your roping as you select weps.

the flame thrower should been with the other guns anyway

sergelac
27 Apr 2009, 19:42
P.S. Sorry for making config file sooooo user unfriendly.

thank you for this wonderfull tool :)
i find the config file perfect the way it is

i attached my custom config file
it work on most schemes (Forts, Mole, Holy War, Hysteria, Tower)
also Shoppa, Fly, w2w as long as you have a good scheme with mole bomb deactivated

raffie
27 Apr 2009, 21:22
Yes, thats what I mean, now I can move that really annoying teleport and scales of justice from F8, where must be only rope and chute.

Exactly what I'm using this for, that and removing surrender from the shortcuts!
Extremely helpful tool, I bow to you sir thank you!

MihaiS_v2
28 Apr 2009, 05:00
Excellent tool, sir! Thank you!

b1llygo4t
28 Apr 2009, 06:39
yes you are the man. i condensed all the fkeys i use down to 7, which works great for my xbox gamepad. and the config file is easy to use which is nice.

;F0 (tilda)
Jet Pack,Low Gravity,Fast Walk,Laser Sight,Invisibility
;F1 DROP AND WAITS
Mad Cow,Banana Bomb,Salvation Army,Priceless Ming Vase,Holy Hand-Grenade,Dynamite,Old Woman,Grenade,Mine,Bazooka,Cluster Bomb,Mortar,Petrol Bomb
;F2 DOUBLE CLICKS
Super Banana Bomb,Aqua Sheep,Super Sheep,Sheep Launcher,Sheep,Skunk,Patsy's Magic Bullet,Homing Pigeon,Homing Missile
;F3 GUNS
Shotgun,Handgun,Uzi,Minigun,Longbow,Flame Thrower
;F4 NINJA
Fire Punch,Dragon Ball,Battle Axe,Prod
;F5 STRIKES!
Air Strike,Napalm Strike,Mail Strike,Mine Strike,Mole Squadron,French Sheep Strike,Mike's Carpet Bomb,MB Bomb,Concrete Donkey
;F6 TOOLS
BlowTorch,Pneumatic Drill,Mole Bomb
;F7 ROPING
Ninja Rope,Parachute,Bungee,Teleport
;F8

;F9

;F10

;F11
Indian Nuclear Test,Armageddon,Earth Quake,Scales of Justice
;F12
Select Worm

MihaiS_v2
28 Apr 2009, 12:42
I hope that wk modules like wkReplayShark, wkRubberWorm and wkFkeyRearrange get implemented or at least get compatibility support for future W:A updates, as their creators may not be around to release new versions.

At least wkFkeyRearrange can cause addiction if used long enough. No more bungee and teleport between me and my sweet rope and chute =D

boobl
28 Apr 2009, 16:26
If new beta comes out and I didnt announce that work in progress, PM me about it, so I can start asap.

b1llygo4t
19 Jun 2009, 14:35
mr boobl tnx again for this module

i know that wkf12 and wkfrearrange are incompatible, do they cancel each other out, or does wkf12 override the other and force me to be missing surender in f12?

also will you be updating both modules with the next beta or just this one? (since this does what that does and compatibility bla bla bla)

woooooooo tnx again!

boobl
19 Jun 2009, 15:43
do they cancel each other out, or does wkf12 override the other and force me to be missing surender in f12?
wkFkeyRearrange will override wkF12, but its just my guess, I didn't test them together.
also will you be updating both modules with the next beta or just this one
I wil update wkFkeyRearrange, because it may do same thing as wkF12, and some more.

Glad you like it :)

b1llygo4t
20 Jun 2009, 01:22
i have joined 2 games were frearange did not work and someone else was using f12. but i didnt notice if surrender was missing from my f12 key as i use a controller and didnt have access to a full kb at that time. i havnt had anyone complain about their fkeys being mising or different while i host, or if their wkf12 was working or not.

if i find someone that uses wkf12 ill test it.

can i host this module on my clan website?

boobl
20 Jun 2009, 10:20
can i host this module on my clan website?
Sure, host it wherever you want!

And work of the module does not depend on what modules used by other players in the net game, only on your modules.

And I'm surprised to see that module did not work when you joined that game with wkF12.. Are you sure you was running wormkit at that time?

b1llygo4t
20 Jun 2009, 21:57
yes, i always use wormkit. if you want to test it i can help. i use a snooper and am online almost every night (usa time). lol i just reread the whole post. you were talking about the 2 modules not working together on the same comp. for some reason if a player uses f12 it interferes with with my frearange, at least that is what i thought but it may not be the case. for some reason it did fail to work twice.

not that i am complaining, its still awsome.

moozilla
23 Dec 2009, 10:59
I can't seem to get this to work. I know the module is loading because if I rename the setup file it gives me an error. The only other modules I'm using come standard with WormKit. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it rearranged the order of the icons in the weapon select box as well.