PDA

View Full Version : 300 girder holes

jsgnext
19 Apr 2009, 02:23
In the Map editor (original WA map editor) u can set the number of girder holes u wanna put in the map.In large maps its supposed to allow us to put up to 300 girder holes,so i tried putting 300 girder holes to my large map......and when the game started there were no holes or girders on the map.
So my question is, Can i put 300 girder holes in a large map with the default WA map editor?,how?

ed: I TRIED WITH LESS THAN 255 GIRDERS AND THAT WORKED...BUT I STILL WANNA KNOW IF I CAN PUT UP TO 300

franpa
19 Apr 2009, 05:57
probably not, 255 sounds like a value limitation that can't be worked around without some recoding...

robowurmz
19 Apr 2009, 14:56
Also, what's the total size of the map? Is it at absolute maximum yet? If it isn't at complete maximum, you won't be able to get the complete maximum of girders. :)

jsgnext
19 Apr 2009, 17:26
Also, what's the total size of the map? Is it at absolute maximum yet? If it isn't at complete maximum, you won't be able to get the complete maximum of girders. :)

I dont think thats the problem....coz the map i tried is VERY VERY large so the 300 girders could be placed perfectly.....i think the problem is the value limitation of 255.....maybe its impossible to place 300 girders....i hope they fix that in the next patch (moving from 300 to 255 using shift is so anoying)

pisto
20 Apr 2009, 17:14
most of the scheme values are they are 1 byte long, and iirc girder holes is one of those. However, values in game are 4 bytes long, and there is somewhere in the code a widening of the value. So, i think it's impossible to set it without hacking, but it might be not so difficult.

Gnork
20 Apr 2009, 21:56
*I wanna achieve 1000 girder holes.....

(just added for another impossible value setting ;) )

jsgnext
20 Apr 2009, 22:39
*I wanna achieve 1000 girder holes.....

(just added for another impossible value setting ;) )

If u know how WA is programmed it sounds crazy to add 300 girders (almost everything in worms is limited to 255) ,i know....but in the map editor there is a bug that "partially" allows u to put that quantity,thats why i asked (u dont have to be sarcastic -_-)

b1llygo4t
23 Apr 2009, 07:49
wooooooooooo, try making sure your map color palette is 56 colors. that worked for me. i had this same problem (less girders, around 90) with a 112 palette. reducing by half worked. reducing by 75% did not