PDA

View Full Version : Map Problem

Bodom27
9 Apr 2009, 10:53
Everytime i try to play on a different map it just exits the game, the default map though works. I tried the map editor and same thing happens as soon as i load a map such as alcatraz and click to make the game it exits the game. I got the latest patch and everything.

CyberShadow
9 Apr 2009, 11:38
Please install WormKit (http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/) and the following WormKit module: 30805
Run the game via WormKit.exe and reproduce the crash. You should get an error message mentioning ERRORLOG.TXT - find this file in your W:A folder, and post it here as an attachment.

darkkyros
12 Apr 2009, 22:22
Please install WormKit (http://worms.thecybershadow.net/wormkit/) and the following WormKit module: 30805
Run the game via WormKit.exe and reproduce the crash. You should get an error message mentioning ERRORLOG.TXT - find this file in your W:A folder, and post it here as an attachment.

I have roughly the same problem. When I go into multiplayer, I have found that if you select something from the drop down for the level, it plays just fine. But, everytime I choose from that drop down, it always ends up being the same level. If I don't, or I try to edit or create a level, it crashes to the desktop.
And just like Bodom, I too am updated to 3.6.29.0 (I need to. Because I am running Windows 7).

CyberShadow
13 Apr 2009, 11:28
That's a different problem. Run the game as administrator, or make sure the directory where you installed the game is writable.

darkkyros
13 Apr 2009, 18:45
That's a different problem. Run the game as administrator, or make sure the directory where you installed the game is writable.

I just got a new W:A CD today. Now everything works perfectly. I'm guessing files on the old CD, somehow, got corrupted.

franpa
14 Apr 2009, 06:29
Move the game out of the "Program Files" folder on your C:\ drive. By default only TrustedInstaller "owns" everything in that folder and subfolders under Vista.