PDA

View Full Version : I can't connect.

xantier
30 Mar 2009, 23:23
I setup my WA , patched v3.0 and updated with the latest file. When i select autologin or the other option at WormNET , it tries to connect about 30 secs. but Unable to connect etc.. wormnet is down or is it my problem ?

CyberShadow
3 Apr 2009, 16:20
See if you can connect to the WormNET IRC server. Do the following:
Open a command prompt (Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt) and type:
telnet wormnet1.team17.com 6667
You should either get a blank screen or error message.
If you get a blank screen, that's not the problem (your IRC port isn't blocked). If you get an error message, then something is blocking it, for example a software firewall or your ISP.

xantier
7 Apr 2009, 15:33
hmm. i did it and it closed itself while waiting.

CyberShadow
8 Apr 2009, 10:10
You must have entered the command in the Run field directly. Either way, this means that you can't connect to the IRC server. Please contact your ISP or your network administrator.

UV.
12 Apr 2009, 14:09
I have a simerlar problem.

Tried that telnet ping thing and the error message I get is

'Could not open connection to the host, on port 6667: connection failed'

So the issue is something like a firewall is blocking me? But nothing has changed with my PC config and it's been working fine for months.

Do I need to contact the ISP then? What should I tell them? My worms doesn't work?

CyberShadow
12 Apr 2009, 20:58
If you're using an antivirus or software firewall, check if it has any option regarding IRC, and disable it. Try connecting after disabling antivirus/firewall - if it still doesn't work, contact your ISP and tell them you can't connect to wormnet1.team17.com on the TCP port 6667.

buZz
7 May 2010, 11:58
Just a question:

wanted to connect wormnet via IRC client.

Server should be: wormnet1.team17.com/6667 the port

but i always get the answer wrong password ?

CyberShadow
7 May 2010, 12:33
The WormNET IRC server is password-protected. The password is in place for good reasons.

Don't forget that if you insist on connecting with an unauthorized client, you are at Team17's mercy - read the MOTD.

buZz
8 May 2010, 14:03
Thanks for your response CyberShadow.

But what about hosting a bot? thinking about write one for a league with tourneys. How can the bot join?

CyberShadow
8 May 2010, 14:06
Unless you plan to spend a LOT of time reverse-engineering W:A network protocols, abandon the idea of writing a hosting bot before you waste too much time on it. It is a lot harder than it may seem.