PDA

View Full Version : game issue...messes EVERYTHING up.

ekoz
13 Mar 2009, 21:24
ok, so this started happening yesterday.

i tried going on to wormnet. when i joined a game, an error occured, saying it coulden't load/open the team file, which is named 'killer mob'. the game then automatically closed down.

at first thought, i thought it was a starnge anomoly, and just went back on and tried to enter a different game. another error popped up, but this one said 'connot load current.thm file'. the game didn't close, so i thought it was just the small pre-view of the terrain, because it woudn't stop loading. we got the game started, but as soon as the game finished loading, both other players were kicked due to desync-ness, and i won the game.

today, i tried playing again, because i thought maybe restarting and giving some time would do something. but before i did, i played a deathmatch. when i won, the very same 'cannot load/open team' error came up, but the game didn't close.

so i went on to wormnet and created a game, but the same 'cannot load current.thm file' came up. this time, there was no yellow 'please wait while level loads' screen. it was just blank. i right clicked on it, and it went to the editor. but when i clicked on a different random terrain to load, the same 'cannot load current.thm' error came up, and the game automatically closed.

i started it up again, and tried joining a game, because by then i was seriously ****ed. i joined, the game started up, and when the game started up, both players were kicked due to desyncing. but i had some time to scroll around the terrain.

to my suprise, i realized it was the exact same terrain as the deathmatch i had played. very same one, all scenery, hills, everything. i then remembered that the terrain of the last two games i played online was the EXACT same as well, except winter themed. the one i had one due to the other being kicked, and the last one that actually worked.

what is going on here?

CyberShadow
13 Mar 2009, 21:56
My first guess is that you ran out of free space on the drive you installed W:A to. W:A saves replays of all played games to your User\Games folder. These replays are about 200kb each (size varies greatly depending on the schemes you play), so they can slowly fill up disk space if you're not watching it.

My second guess would be that somehow W:A's directory became unwritable, or that some software (like an anti-virus) is preventing W:A from saving or accessing certain files. Think of any changes to your system that happened around the time the problem started manifesting.

ekoz
13 Mar 2009, 22:09
i haven't changed anything. maybe my mom, but that's about it. my anti virus hasn't been acting out about it.

and i have 19 gigs left on my drive. is that enough?

franpa
14 Mar 2009, 05:14
19gigs is enough and I would have thought colour maps would have the biggest impact on replay sizes.

CyberShadow
14 Mar 2009, 12:28
Do you have the latest Beta update (3.6.29.0)?

ekoz
14 Mar 2009, 18:22
ok, my system is a 2003 XPS.
my WA game was installed from a 2002 version CD which was produced by Sold Out productions. i've had it installed on my old compy, which had no online capabilities, untill 2 weeks ago, when i installed it on this compy. i immediatly installed the 3.6.29.0 version update, and it hasn't been acting up untill now.

well, it has been running a little slower. to be honest, whenever you click start game, the game lags for several seconds. not during the part when the "atomic" pie chart thing fills up, i mean it lags several second immediatly after clicking start game, THEN goes to the pie chart thing.

i don't think that necessarily constitues an anomoly, but whatever it takes to fix the game.

ekoz
14 Mar 2009, 19:28
oh, and i just realized that my deathmatch stats aren't saved anymore.

CyberShadow
15 Mar 2009, 11:13
Try backing up (http://worms2d.info/WormsBackup) your game files (particularly, your "User" folder), and do a clean reinstall of the game (that is, install it to a new folder, not on top of your previous copy).

ekoz
15 Mar 2009, 20:42
1: where would the 'User' folder reside?
2: would reinstalling only the update do the job?

CyberShadow
15 Mar 2009, 20:49
1: where would the 'User' folder reside?Under the folder where you installed the game.
2: would reinstalling only the update do the job?Probably not.

ekoz
15 Mar 2009, 21:30
hmm...ok.

btw, when does this 'wait for mod approval to post thing stop? or is it permanant?

EDIT: lulz, it just stopped.

EDIT2: ok, i reeinstalled everything in a different location, backed up ALL flders from the original, and have uploaded two videos that document the trouble i'm experiencing.

VIDEO 1 (watch first) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtg47PGXrxg)
VIDEO 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFQ9L-EwAn0)

why two? because the video would be huge if it was one file.

franpa
16 Mar 2009, 01:32
Your videos are marked as Private.

ekoz
16 Mar 2009, 21:20
EDIT: lulz, Debut (the capture program i use) don't like WA. the entire time i'm in the game, the screen is completely black. you can't see anything anyway.

reeinstall worked. thanks.