PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Worms per Team

hundreds
18 Jan 2009, 19:11
Not sure if an option exists to do this...

I usually play with 8 worms on my team(s). W:A seems to default at 3 (always thought that was wierd) when you are setting up a match. Is there a quick keyboard shortcut or something (like shift-left mouse) that can quickly fill up my worm slots instead of me clicking 5 times per team.

I know it is a nit pick.

Roboslob
18 Jan 2009, 19:43
I don't think so.

Run
18 Jan 2009, 21:21
neat idea, though. that would definitely be handy.

kikumbob
18 Jan 2009, 21:30
It feels needlessly lazy to me. It takes max 10 seconds to fill up all team bars. If you're playing online, it usually takes more than that time to find enough players.

bonz
18 Jan 2009, 22:42
The beta updates have already introduced similar control features.
E.g. replay controls, brush controls in the map editor, in-game control of camera panning speed,...

So, adding a key to quickly increase/decrease or max-out the worm count wouldn't only be handy but also consistent with the other new functions.

hundreds
19 Jan 2009, 02:06
Like I said, it IS nickpicky. But I think it would be a nice little addition.

Vader
19 Jan 2009, 13:24
Why left-click 5 times per team?

Why not right-click 3 times per team?

That cuts out loads of clicks (10?).

It is a good idea, though. Perhaps team sizes could be incorporated into scheme settings, or the UI AI could work out the average number of worms per team you play with and set it to that by default.

lDarKl
19 Jan 2009, 14:10
Right-clicking 3 times won't get you to 8 worms though. :p

Vader
19 Jan 2009, 14:21
Um, oh yeah!

Well, it should. It would be another consistency with the rest of the interface (well, the weapons and settings screens, at least).