PDA

View Full Version : Yet another WormNET login crash

CannonFdr1
16 Oct 2008, 21:20
Every time I log into WormNET, the game starts to play the 'Worms!' theme and gets about three seconds in (with the channels and players beginning to show up) before it crashes to the desktop without so much as an error message. For a good two weeks or so, I've been trying to fix this, but no matter how much I Googled and searched forums, I couldn't find any fix that fixed my problem.
Another detail that might make a difference: when exiting the game, 'wa.exe' remains in the process list and inhibits the running of other processes such as Internet Explorer. I believe that IE7 is unable to run because WA is shoving everything else aside on port 80. Everything runs fine after I terminate the process, though.
Edit:
I also tried rebooting the computer, reinstalling WA, rebooting again, and even downgrading from the beta (though I soon realized the stupidity of that; I'm running XP.)

CyberShadow
17 Oct 2008, 09:21
That sounds like a conflict with a software firewall, or perhaps some malware. I'm pretty sure the problem is not with W:A, but if you like we can try finding the cause of your crash. I'd recommend scanning your computer for malware, and trying to disable any antivirus/firewall software first.

CannonFdr1
18 Oct 2008, 15:04
Thanks for the quick reply.
I already disabled both firewall and antivirus software and scanned my computer thoroughly for anything that shouldn't be there.

Dopehat
26 Oct 2008, 21:29
I am also having this exact same problem. I have never tried using the WormNET before, but it seems I can't. I just scanned my computer and nothing came up. I also deactivated my firewall, so I am at a loss at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CyberShadow
27 Oct 2008, 01:55
What antivirus/firewall software are you using?

jimR
27 Oct 2008, 23:27
I have this exact same problem.
Please fix it quiiiick : )

franpa
28 Oct 2008, 01:37
Answer the question, or else no one has any idea of what needs fixing. (if anything does need fixing that is)

CyberShadow
28 Oct 2008, 01:48
This is probably a recent firewall/antivirus update breaking things for everyone.