PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to modify mine bounce?

Laban
15 Oct 2008, 12:40
Rubber doesnt help in this case, i think - maybe im wrong or is there another way. I wanna know specific about the mine :D

thanks

GreeN
16 Oct 2008, 00:39
Turn on LG :P

Laban
16 Oct 2008, 14:31
:D yes its still not enough

pisto
16 Oct 2008, 14:45
I'll consider this idea for the next rubber worm.

is it better if I make an options to set the bounciness of all objects (toghether) to a certain value or just mines?

franpa
16 Oct 2008, 15:01
individual settings for each item would be better. (so, "just the mines")

pisto
16 Oct 2008, 15:39
each single object is boring for me (to code) and for the user (to set each single object in the scheme)

Plasma
16 Oct 2008, 16:04
is it better if I make an options to set the bounciness of all objects (toghether) to a certain value or just mines?
All objects would be better, I think. Even though it'd make hardly any difference.

MihaiS
16 Oct 2008, 17:47
Pisto, would mine field regeneration be possible?

I mean, once a mine blows, could it respawn on its initial position?

pisto
16 Oct 2008, 18:20
probably...
I mean, if for the bouncining mines I already know what lines of code I should write, for the respawning stuff I know how to know what lines of code I should write.

MihaiS
16 Oct 2008, 20:29
Great, because that could turn into a new game mode. RRs, Shoppers and other schemes could be (for some) more fun/interesting.

Laban
17 Oct 2008, 14:22
I'll consider this idea for the next rubber worm.

yes it would be a very good option to set it for all objects :D

btw, im sure you've probably heard it before, but is it possible to include some sort of tag for people with rubber or to see rubber in version check (/v).

thanks again :D

pisto
17 Oct 2008, 18:16
btw, im sure you've probably heard it before, but is it possible to include some sort of tag for people with rubber or to see rubber in version check (/v).

thanks again :D
next version.

Laban
18 Oct 2008, 02:48
aww well, good stuff is worth waiting for :D

heres some more "grilling" on the subject :

1. Is it possible to create an endless loop so that an object would bounce constantly, at the same hight, throughout the whole game?

2. If crates are objects, and bounce set for high - what would happen in crate fall?

thanks

franpa
18 Oct 2008, 05:58
1. Is it possible to create an endless loop so that an object would bounce constantly, at the same hight, throughout the whole game?
The game would never start because it would be stuck waiting for the item to land.

bonz
18 Oct 2008, 09:17
Moving objects during play, eh? :)

pisto
18 Oct 2008, 11:12
aww well, good stuff is worth waiting for :D

heres some more "grilling" on the subject :

I'm not not sure but I think this is the kind of scripting that w:a PX is aimed to
2. If crates are objects, and bounce set for high - what would happen in crate fall?

thanks

uh?

Laban
18 Oct 2008, 14:39
franpa

Mines and barrels starts stationary, but maybe the crates would be a problem like I mentioned in the second question.

bonz

:D neverending options

pisto

1. I thought that creating a loop would be "under the same hat" as setting bounce level.

2. crate = object right? when a crate falls/drops/showers it bounces a few times when it hits the floor. would bounce setting affect that specific bounce unlike the one created when a worm is droping something (= the intended use)?

thanks

Etho.
18 Oct 2008, 20:10
W:A waits for all objects to stop moving before continuing onto the next turn. Creating an infinite loop would cause the game to get stuck... why would you want that?

bonz
18 Oct 2008, 21:03
W:A waits for all objects to stop moving before continuing onto the next turn. Creating an infinite loop would cause the game to get stuck... why would you want that?
Moving objects would be fun.
Thinking about opening and closing (indestructible) doors, elevators, etc.

Would that work with animated images in an additional map layer?

franpa
19 Oct 2008, 01:34
scripting is more likely then using gifs and stuff.

pisto
19 Oct 2008, 09:01
the bounciness could be set to 0 when the turn ends. I could do it in RubberWorm, but I have to think a good method to set what direction and speed for the barrels/mines without the overkill of a scripting language.

The Tor
21 Oct 2008, 15:46
You know guys you also have the option to press + in-game before you shoot. You can raise the bounce by this way too.

GreeN
21 Oct 2008, 19:59
Knew someone would say it..

franpa
22 Oct 2008, 04:12
that + key DOESN'T affect mines :)

The Tor
22 Oct 2008, 11:33
that + key DOESN'T affect mines :)
You right, I did mean grenades.
I just wanted to say that it might was an easy way the build this feature in rubberworm and also by when using it. Still I don't a thing about programming. :o

Gnork
24 Oct 2008, 12:47
u mean numpad + and - to be used for more weapons rather than just the nade? Like + and - with use of bat will hit harder/slower? With use of ming vase it will bounce or not bounce when dropped? U mean it that way?

The Tor
25 Oct 2008, 10:55
Yes, you already got some great ideas there.

You properly know it already possible to control the number of mad cows you throw by this way ;)

b1llygo4t
26 Oct 2008, 11:47
make it so we can adjust the mine detection field size, and blast radius and strength. or dont