PDA

View Full Version : How to create a map, or convert .bit to .png

miketh200
15 Oct 2008, 06:13
Every1 uses .png now the DC made it possible, but what about all the unque features of the .BIT like all the Worms specific features, like texture and griders and random objects etc.? I tried creating a map in .png and in-game we weren't in the map, we were ontop of it, how to i make blank terrain? like holes and stuff.

CyberShadow
15 Oct 2008, 06:25
After drawing your map, adjust its parameters in the map editor. Options like borders, holes etc. are stored in a PNG chunk. See http://worms2d.info/Colour_map for more information.

miketh200
15 Oct 2008, 17:48
Where's the map editor? The only one I saw is the one built into WWP. And this little "PNG chunk" section, which I read before you gave me the link, doesn't tell much info for newbies :( . I dled TweakPNG and I don't have a clue what to do! Can you give us step by step instructions like you did below that section please?

yakuza
15 Oct 2008, 18:05
Where's the map editor? The only one I saw is the one built into WWP. And this little "PNG chunk" section, which I read before you gave me the link, doesn't tell much info for newbies :( . I dled TweakPNG and I don't have a clue what to do! Can you give us step by step instructions like you did below that section please?

Draw a map in Mspaint. Save it in SavedLevels. Go into WA, load up the map editor, load your map from the drop down box. Click the PNG-LAND convertor, it's an icon with a chunk of land, I think it's at the top of the map editor buttons on the left. This is as much spoon feeding I'll do.

And this is WA, not WWP. In WWP it's the same except you use the Import feature in the map editor and you put the map in the import folder not SavedLevels.

miketh200
15 Oct 2008, 18:18
Draw a map in Mspaint. Save it in SavedLevels. Go into WA, load up the map editor, load your map from the drop down box. Click the PNG-LAND convertor, it's an icon with a chunk of land, I think it's at the top of the map editor buttons on the left. This is as much spoon feeding I'll do.

And this is WA, not WWP. In WWP it's the same except you use the Import feature in the map editor and you put the map in the import folder not SavedLevels.

I was actually asking where do I find the Editor in WA because in WWP it's easily accesible in the options menu. Also, I thought you had to edit the parameters in TweakPNG not the editor.

But, I found out that you have to go to the make a custome game menu, then right click on the map >.>.

Now I made a map in the editor, and saved it as a .bit, how do i change it to .png?

yakuza
15 Oct 2008, 18:22
I was actually asking where do I find the Editor in WA because in WWP it's easily accesible in the options menu. Also, I thought you had to edit the parameters in TweakPNG not the editor.

But, I found out that you have to go to the make a custome game menu, then right click on the map >.>.

Now I made a map in the editor, and saved it as a .bit, how do i change it to .png?

Er... weird goal you have here.

Here's what, why don't you make your map with MSPaint? It has the same drawing tools and more.

miketh200
15 Oct 2008, 18:47
Well because you can't put holes in MSPaint...I'd have to load it onto the editor each time, but anyway, i figure out how to do it, you load any .png file, then you edit it from there, then just press Save. Simple. But not everyone is as clever as me, so maybe you should enable saving as a .png too? That way I can just load my .bit and then save it as a .png.

I wanted to convert .bit to .png because I had already made the map in .bit, see? That's why I wanted to convert it.

bonz
15 Oct 2008, 21:06
The button in the WA options menu that normally launches the map editor has been used for the new colour scheme for colour deficient players.

You can always launch the map editor by right clicking on the map preview boxes on any menu.