PDA

View Full Version : Improve hb please

doubletime
11 Oct 2008, 23:16
Hb sucks. sorry to tell. First of all even though i got the newest v of the game it allways tells me. sorry can't host case you don't have the newest version of the game.. Allso Before it dropped in well.. I would bet 70 eprcent of all games i ever played. And for usage in tournaments it sucks. It dosent have any real propper schemes. It dosent have the luckless scheme for normal. For exampel. The wfw holy war scheme is allso of from usual. And i didnt see any super sheep race etheri.

The point is scrap hb and make a Hb V2 that can

. have password protected games.

. Much more stabile internect connection .

.possibility to name games

.More scheme and correct schemes.

So basicly that will take time but worms armageddon will probaply not die before all the players does. So it is clearly worth the effort . Right ?

CyberShadow
11 Oct 2008, 23:29
So tell me, why do you keep saying "yes" when prompted by HB if you don't even read what you're agreeing to?

doubletime
12 Oct 2008, 08:23
? I do not understand ?

CyberShadow
12 Oct 2008, 08:34
vladimir@proxima /home/hostingbuddy/wahostbot/logs $ grep Doubletime 2008-10-12\ -\ Hosting.log
[Sun Oct 12 08:20:49 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes
[Sun Oct 12 08:21:36 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes
[Sun Oct 12 08:21:45 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: host Big bow and Arrow
[Sun Oct 12 08:23:27 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes
[Sun Oct 12 08:25:58 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes

doubletime
12 Oct 2008, 09:52
vladimir@proxima /home/hostingbuddy/wahostbot/logs $ grep Doubletime 2008-10-12\ -\ Hosting.log
[Sun Oct 12 08:20:49 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes
[Sun Oct 12 08:21:36 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes
[Sun Oct 12 08:21:45 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: host Big bow and Arrow
[Sun Oct 12 08:23:27 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes
[Sun Oct 12 08:25:58 GMT+0100 2008] Command from Doubletime: yes

COol you can see what hb says. BUt then you can maybe uprgade hb ?

CyberShadow
12 Oct 2008, 09:58
When I get around to it. But that might become unnecessary soon.

raffie
12 Oct 2008, 11:28
When I get around to it. But that might become unnecessary soon.

o.0

This is why I read these forums ;)

Byte
12 Oct 2008, 11:39
. have password protected games.
Too much effort for something people don't really need.

. Much more stabile internect connection
What's a "stabile internect connection"?
The connection is fine, it just still dies because D has awful garbage collection.

.possibility to name games
It already names them appropriately.

.More scheme and correct schemes.
The built-in schemes are correct. For everything else there's WSDB (http://wsdb.org/).
!help wsdb

franpa
12 Oct 2008, 11:42
The connection is fine, it just still dies because D has awful garbage collection.
I think he thinks it drops out because of a unstable internet connection, when it does indeed outright crash.

yakuza
12 Oct 2008, 13:16
Passwoerded games are stupid, use hamachi for that.

doubletime
12 Oct 2008, 14:56
Too much effort for something people don't really need.

It already names them appropriately.

The built-in schemes are correct. For everything else there's WSDB (http://wsdb.org/).
!help wsdb

I miss luckless and cwt scheme. Anqd there are no supersheeprace scheme no newage hw scheme etheir. So If you fixed that hb would easily be usable if a pair cant host in a tournament.

Ok password and naming is abit lame =/

Koen-ftw
13 Oct 2008, 01:10
I miss luckless and cwt scheme. Anqd there are no supersheeprace scheme no newage hw scheme etheir./

Don't you read other people's comments?

!help wsdb

You can upload your own schemes that you like! Why don't you try some suggestions before coming here to whine about problems that really originate out of your own failure to read simple helpfiles.

doubletime
13 Oct 2008, 15:55
Don't you read other people's comments?

You can upload your own schemes that you like! Why don't you try some suggestions before coming here to whine about problems that really originate out of your own failure to read simple helpfiles.

Sounds kinda complicated

yakuza
13 Oct 2008, 16:08
Sounds kinda complicated

Then buy an Xbox. Seriously, if you can't work out how to do that then why would anyone design their features to suit your need? The game is free, the updates are free, so there's no gain in making it idiot proof, quite the opposite actually.

doubletime
13 Oct 2008, 17:20
Then buy an Xbox. Seriously, if you can't work out how to do that then why would anyone design their features to suit your need? The game is free, the updates are free, so there's no gain in making it idiot proof, quite the opposite actually.

First of all i have legally bought this game from the team 17 webbsite 2 times and from stores 2 times. I dont think free is the correct term for this game.

I allready have a xbox a ps3 ps2 psp

Doing this would spare alot of less techniqually advanced people problems ?

Muzer
13 Oct 2008, 17:25
First of all i have legally bought this game from the team 17 webbsite 2 times and from stores 2 times. I dont think free is the correct term for this game.
Cybershadow and Deadcode do not have to update Worms Armageddon. It could have been completely ignored, and disregarded, for being incompatible with XP. All support for it could have been killed, and so the few people who still have 9x wouldn't be able to host. There would be no community like there is now. You should be thankful you have what you do.

yakuza
13 Oct 2008, 17:26

I allready have a xbox a ps3 ps2 psp

Doing this would spare alot of less techniqually advanced people problems ?

What I meant is, that Team17 are barely getting any money from this game so it's not really in their interest to make idiots have an easier time being idiots. Likewise, I doubt it's the Alpha coders aim. You see, World of Warcraft makes things idiot proof because now they have 9.5 million subscribers many of which are idiots.
Conclusion, WA doesn't need idiots please stop being one and learn to follow two steps.

b1llygo4t
14 Oct 2008, 00:17
that was a rude statement yakuza. just because he wants ease of use, doent mean hes an idiot.

i didnt see where he sounded ungrateful, tho he didnt say thank you outright, just like say 85% of the posts here.
it sounded to me that he saw something that could be improved upon and went through the easiest channel. it is awsome that there is this community where questions can be asked, even tho it is the nature of the beast for people to just ask instead of look.

cybershadow said "When I get around to it. But that might become unnecessary soon."

the most logical following post would be "doubletime look here http://worms2d.info/HostingBuddy and search before posting next time"

then i supose theres no other reason to post here other than to flame

*edit* my xbox plays worms and i play worms on my pc with an xbox controler XD. i got my money back for warhammer online cus it kept crashing on my brand new 6 gig ram with another 512 dedicated to the video card computer that far surpasses the other system requirements.

CyberShadow
14 Oct 2008, 00:40
Like Byte said, HostingBuddy is broken (it crashes every few games due to memory corruption).
But HB users should migrate to WormNAT2 (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37390) now.

yakuza
14 Oct 2008, 08:16
that was a rude statement yakuza. just because he wants ease of use, doent mean hes an idiot.

i didnt see where he sounded ungrateful, tho he didnt say thank you outright, just like say 85% of the posts here.
it sounded to me that he saw something that could be improved upon and went through the easiest channel. it is awsome that there is this community where questions can be asked, even tho it is the nature of the beast for people to just ask instead of look.

cybershadow said "When I get around to it. But that might become unnecessary soon."

the most logical following post would be "doubletime look here http://worms2d.info/HostingBuddy and search before posting next time"

then i supose theres no other reason to post here other than to flame

*edit* my xbox plays worms and i play worms on my pc with an xbox controler XD. i got my money back for warhammer online cus it kept crashing on my brand new 6 gig ram with another 512 dedicated to the video card computer that far surpasses the other system requirements.

Did you miss the part were he said it seemed complicated to upload his own scheme to WMDB? I also find it funny how you think RAM is like super important in a video card.

franpa
14 Oct 2008, 09:49
General System RAM is infinitely slower (or substantially >.>) then Video RAM, thats why video cards with 512mb or more ram built-in cost a notable amount more then there 256mb babies. Did you do a memory test with your memory?

anyways Yakuza, Byte said WSDB.

yakuza
14 Oct 2008, 10:00
General System RAM is infinitely slower (or substantially >.>) then Video RAM, thats why video cards with 512mb or more ram built-in cost a notable amount more then there 256mb babies. Did you do a memory test with your memory?

anyways Yakuza, Byte said WSDB.

Do you even understood what I meant? Yes, he has a 512mb videocard and he is bragging about it, and for all we know it could be an nvidia 6900.

Thanks for noticing my mistake, by the way, but irrelevant correction nontheless, since not only is uploading to WSDB as easy as it is to WMDB, but the OP also speaks about having more custom maps, which HAHA, he can add himself.

Reading comprehension.

bonz
14 Oct 2008, 12:31
The OP definitely won't get the "RTFM Trophy (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showpost.php?p=669347&postcount=22)" anytime soon.
General System RAM is infinitely slower (or substantially >.>) then Video RAM

True.
Elcomsoft (http://www.elcomsoft.com/)'s newest password recovery tool uses graphic cards to brute force hack passwords.
Even WPA2 encryption! :eek:

b1llygo4t
16 Oct 2008, 23:40
"Did you miss the part were he said it seemed complicated to upload his own scheme to WMDB? I also find it funny how you think RAM is like super important in a video card."

"Do you even understood what I meant? Yes, he has a 512mb videocard and he is bragging about it, and for all we know it could be an nvidia 6900.

Thanks for noticing my mistake, by the way, but irrelevant correction nontheless, since not only is uploading to WSDB as easy as it is to WMDB, but the OP also speaks about having more custom maps, which HAHA, he can add himself."

Reading comprehension. what are you talking about? you seem more concerned with looking down the bridge of your nose than talking about anything relevant.

i wasnt bragging, i was just emphasizing on the complicatedness of computer games. and why would i brag about something subpar?

double time was given options and he does seem a little hard headed, but that does not warrant insults. why post if your gonna be negative? just go treat the guy in the burger king drive through like crap like everyone else