PDA

View Full Version : An idea for map makers - tell me what you think?

Laban
11 Oct 2008, 21:20
Well, I would have done it myself if I only knew how to build a Battle Race map - the people who bulids these maps are f***ing genius.

Ok, the idea is a low gravity based battle race, which is a new concept and sounds kinda cool.

So, who likes it, who'd like to try it and most importantly - who can build it :D

cheers

Laban
13 Oct 2008, 12:48
yes?? no one?

total disregard :D

GoDxWyvern
13 Oct 2008, 13:45
I'm 100% sure that sort of map has already been made. I'm also 100% sure that I've once had this map somewhere in my SavedLevels folder. I'm right about 0% sure, though, why on earth I can't find it anymore. KRD might know more about LG Battle Races, of that I'm like 79% sure.

Laban
13 Oct 2008, 17:30
ok :D KRD where you at?

KRD
13 Oct 2008, 21:51
Right here, though I'm afraid I can't offer much insight past what Wyv's said already. At least one Battle Race designed to be played with LG was made, I believe, but I can't seem to find it in my SavedLevels folder right now or even remember who created it. I'll have a closer look within a few days and perhaps ask around a bit if that fails, but many of the BR enthusiasts aren't too active anymore so that could take a while.

Until then, however, I strongly suggest you try a few regular BR (http://www.clansfx.co.uk/) maps (http://www.wmdb.org/maps/battlerace?order_by=downloads) with Low Gravity turned on at the beginning of each turn out. If my experience is anything to go by, there's a good chance you'll end up quite amazed, heh. Just make sure you stick to maps that aren't completely open because they end up too easy. But they mustn't be too tight either, since then nothing much changes.

As a last resort, you could try bribing Wyv into making something himself. Except then you might die of malnutrition trying to finish it in one take. :rolleyes:

Laban
14 Oct 2008, 12:58
:D thanks for the help

Laban
23 Oct 2008, 11:09
OK heres a different idea :

A race map based on the grenade trick (nade pushing worm while in air)

mmm?

robowurmz
23 Oct 2008, 13:59
C0o1's Grenade Challenge was built for that.

GoDxWyvern
23 Oct 2008, 16:51
C0o1's Grenade Challenge was built for that.
I think what you mean is c0o1's nadejump races. Laban however is talking about the glitch that allows grenades to prod worms horizontally while airborne. That idea, as far as I know, has not yet been incorporated in a map, heh.

Laban
24 Oct 2008, 02:21
I think what you mean is c0o1's nadejump races. Laban however is talking about the glitch that allows grenades to prod worms horizontally while airborne. That idea, as far as I know, has not yet been incorporated in a map, heh.

^^ yes indeed - and what do you think about this idea? :D

btw - what is "C0o1's Grenade Challenge" ?

Plasma
24 Oct 2008, 08:55
btw - what is "C0o1's Grenade Challenge" ?
Maps where you have to try propell yourself to the end of a map by blowing yourself up with grenades.

bonz
24 Oct 2008, 09:18
what is "C0o1's Grenade Challenge" ?
I believe you find some here:
http://thechallengebase.com/chal_list.php
Search for c0o1 as map author.