PDA

View Full Version : Long ropes like in WWP

Petrucci11
11 Oct 2008, 19:45
Hi guys!

Is there any possibility to use the "super rope mode" which can be used in WWP? I didnt find that. And the option that many boxes come from above?

Thanks

yakuza
11 Oct 2008, 20:01
No .

KRD
11 Oct 2008, 20:10
Please no.

bonz
12 Oct 2008, 00:16
Wait a second...
I do think that the super rope mode completely disrupts all sensible game play in the well established game modes like any other serious Worms player does, but wouldn't a longer rope make some sense with the huge map sizes that are now possible in WA?

I'm thinking about bloated up cavern maps with screen-size empty space there...

Etho.
12 Oct 2008, 00:32
Super Rope discourages repeated swings and greatly hinders players from getting better at using the rope effectively. It shouldn't matter how big the map is, if you are skilled at using the rope, you should be able to reach any point with the way it is.

Large maps with big empty spaces are just poor choices for roping games. Redesign the map, not the rope. And remember, your ability to control the rope decreases the further you extend it. A game with super rope and a big open map wouldn't be fun because your maneuverability would be low.

KRD
12 Oct 2008, 09:18
Super Rope discourages repeated swings and greatly hinders players from getting better at using the rope effectively. It shouldn't matter how big the map is, if you are skilled at using the rope, you should be able to reach any point with the way it is.

Large maps with big empty spaces are just poor choices for roping games. Redesign the map, not the rope. And remember, your ability to control the rope decreases the further you extend it. A game with super rope and a big open map wouldn't be fun because your maneuverability would be low.

That is well said.

*Bookmarks for future use.*

raffie
12 Oct 2008, 11:35
Let's play the devil's advocate here. When I used to play WWP on the PS1 with friends, the super rope was prolly the only reason I could get them to play rope-based games. The very-loose shopper games we played (with constant crate shower) became a huge hit :p
There were no rules, as ie. the ABL rule I wanted to apply was soon dismissed as being 'for pussies' :D

yakuza
12 Oct 2008, 13:18
Let's play the devil's advocate here. When I used to play WWP on the PS1 with friends, the super rope was prolly the only reason I could get them to play rope-based games. The very-loose shopper games we played (with constant crate shower) became a huge hit :p
There were no rules, as ie. the ABL rule I wanted to apply was soon dismissed as being 'for pussies' :D

There's nothing relevant in there. Just because your noob friends enjoyed something on the PS1 it doesn't mean it's any less worthless.

b1llygo4t
14 Oct 2008, 00:48
im all for options that add to diversity of scheme types. huge blind shot caverns would be a challenge.

id like to see an option for the camera to always stay on the active worm, as if the home key was held down. remember the special stages from sonic the hedgehog?

Mablak
14 Oct 2008, 07:04
It would be cool to have a teststuff option to increase your rope length arbitrarily. I'd like to see a TTRR contest with only one rope allowed :0.

bonz
14 Oct 2008, 07:30
It would be cool to have a teststuff option to increase your rope length arbitrarily. I'd like to see a TTRR contest with only one rope allowed :0.
You mean one single rope without any further shots that you have to use to go from start to finish without detaching?
That sounds fun. :)