PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Modes

DMan82
10 Oct 2008, 00:18
So, maybe this is not where I need to post this, but it seems like this is the core community regarding the support of the current version of Armageddon.

In short, I have been a long time player of WWP, and it generally worked for me, but always ended up being extremely unstable (even moreso with the SP1 patch that Team17 released way back when). Anyway, disregarding the details, I gave up on WWP. Recently, I discovered that Worms Armageddon is still under development by a few members of the Worms community... So, I got a copy of the game and patched it up.

I really wasn't too hopeful as I'm now running a brand new computer with 64-bit Vista. However, much to my surprise, it works (so far, flawlessly)!

Elated, I began looking to see what the differences were between WA and WWP. Much to my disappointment, I found that WA does not include those modes that WWP had. Most of them were dumb, but there was one that I played a lot whenever I played over the network with my friends.

It was the mode where everyone starts out with only infinite teleports, and weapon crates continually drop out of the sky (like up to 5 on the screen per turn). Is there a way to edit some configuration to at least simulate this mode in WA? Thanks!

-Douglas

CyberShadow
10 Oct 2008, 01:00
A new scheme file format will be implemented in the next few Beta updates, which will allow customizations such as that and many more.

DMan82
10 Oct 2008, 02:25
Ok, cool! Thanks for the quick response!