PDA

View Full Version : Bug with wkrubberworm

Drc
5 Oct 2008, 16:46
I was playing rubberworm and i used windy craterate60 cratelimit255 antisink when something happen...

the wind was to the right and a worm was close to water then i hit that worm and he start to surf and it didn't stop :S

i didn't close the game until now, and the worm still surfing...

i don't know how to save replays with replayshark so i can't send the replay...

theres anything that i can to prevent this???

Run
5 Oct 2008, 16:51
the next version is gonna have an automatic time-out so the worm is drowned when it enters an infinite loop like that

or so i've heard

until then, there's not much you can do

Drc
5 Oct 2008, 17:02
ok

but that was insane i watch a movie and when i return the worm still surfing.

u can close the post now

thanx run

Run
5 Oct 2008, 17:11
*closes the post*

pisto
5 Oct 2008, 17:40
next version will have some check that should avoid any infinite loop situations.
any non-going-to-explode object will be modified so:
1) if blackhole mode is on, a little value of air viscosity is applied so it's likely to fall on some terrain after some orbits (this was supposed to be in the current release of rubberworm, but I've never checked that part of code and re-reading it it seemed not working).
2) if the gravity is negative (to ceiling), there's a vertical limit.
3) if there are black holes or any value of windiness, 2 side limits and one as above are set.
4) air viscosity is never applied to arrows (since it's non-exploding but if it reach 0 speed, the game still waits it to stick into some terrain).
5) Falling into a blackhole (going closer to it than a threshold, that can be set) causes either automatic plop or teleport.

Exceed any of this limit triggers automatic plopping.
The limit is: 3000 pixel further from the border of the map, if the object in the current position is pushed even further by the total accelleration (wind+black holes+normal gravity). A distance of 7000 pixel far from the map border causes plopping too, no matter what acceleration is it influenced by.

(This stuff has already been implemented.)