PDA

View Full Version : Can you make custom sounds that work online?

mosnar
30 Sep 2008, 02:54
Can you make custom sounds that work online?

I downloaded something called 'Pedemonti' and my friend heard the sounds, I tried to make some small sound files with the specs on this site ( http://wormsarmageddon.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=faqs#8.7 ) ... it didn't work. How can that Pedemonti thing work? Is it some sort of easter egg?

CyberShadow
30 Sep 2008, 11:39
No, you can't do that at the moment - it'll only work if other persons have a soundbank with the same name installed. Your friend must have also downloaded the Pedemonti sound bank (possibly as part of a sound bank pack).

mosnar
2 Oct 2008, 05:56
He didn't have pedemonti in his user>speech folder. I don't know how he heard them but he said they sounded like some British kid, so I know he heard them. This download says its for worms world party but we were on Worms Armageddon.

http://www.fileplanet.com/81689/80000/fileinfo/Flavio-Pedemonti-Sound-pack-for-Worm-World-Party

"The infamous Flavio Pedemonti hack into Worms. The funniest sound pack ever done for Worms World Party. "

hack? That is why I was asking if it was an easter egg or something.

Is there really much hope for custom sound support considering the age of the game? Me and some friends play quite a bit, but its kind of silly to ask them to download and install sound banks.

Koen-ftw
2 Oct 2008, 08:53
they sounded like some British kid

Well, that sounds vaguely like the standard soundbank of English versions of the game. There is no way you can hear custom soundbanks without having them yourself. It's just not possible (yet). :)

Plasma
2 Oct 2008, 11:24
The default soundbank is British, and is the one heard whenever an opponent is using a soundbank the player doesn't have.

This download says its for worms world party but we were on Worms Armageddon.
Soundbanks for both games are interchangeable.

"The infamous Flavio Pedemonti hack into Worms. The funniest sound pack ever done for Worms World Party. "

hack? That is why I was asking if it was an easter egg or something.
"Hack" was just used there for dramatic effect. It's not a real hack.

Is there really much hope for custom sound support considering the age of the game?
No. Especially considering that there are people who're more than likely to abuse it by having either a really annoying or really vulgar speechbank.

Muzer
2 Oct 2008, 17:29
The default soundbank is British, and is the one heard whenever an opponent is using a soundbank the player doesn't have.
Wrong, you hear the default soundbank for your country.

StoneFrog
2 Oct 2008, 20:38
In my case the default Armageddon one was American, and WWP's was British (named "English" of course in the soundbanks).

It depends on your location? Or country your version of the game is from? Neat.

Of course I played WWP before W:A so I used wkFileOverride and overrided the American voice with British (for when I play against default computers).

mosnar
3 Oct 2008, 23:32
Well thanks for the answers. I see what you mean now he did hear his default sounds, silly me.

Its really too bad though, I mean its hard to even get your friends to download stuff and install manually. Wish there was some sort of packer/unpacker to do it easily but I don't have the skills.