PDA

View Full Version : problem with [Direct TCP/IP]

bntek
27 Sep 2008, 21:01
If I host a game in wormnet and try to connect with "Direct TCP/IP" from an other computer in my LAN I always get the message: "There is no place for your team". Connection by doubleclicking the server in the wormnet serverlist instead of using "Direct TCP/IP" works fine. But entering the global IP address instead of the local IP address at "Direct TCP/IP" doen`t help. The connection also works fine with "Direct TCP/IP" and both IP addresses when i host the game as a LAN game insted of using wormnet. The last update on both computers is 3.6.29.0 .

CyberShadow
27 Sep 2008, 21:59
Games hosted in WormNET cannot be joined from LAN without specifying certain parameters - the Game ID and channel scheme (if the latter are omitted the join will succeed, but the game will desynchronize on start). Consult the ReadMe for more information.

bntek
27 Sep 2008, 22:19
I just asked some friends of mine to try to join the game through the internet with Direct TCP/IP. They had the same error message.

CyberShadow
27 Sep 2008, 22:45
It doesn't matter where your friends are joining from. If a game is hosted on WormNET, it must be joined via WormNET, otherwise you must specify all of the WormNET game's parameters in the Direct IP field (command-line only). Please read the ReadMe, everything is described there.