PDA

View Full Version : Custom Resolution on Worms

Rioter
24 Sep 2008, 19:12
OK I have successfully got Worms in WINE (Ubuntu Hardy 8.04) working fine, no major problems EXCEPT this one

I want to set a custom resolution (in this case 1280x720) so the game is in the window, but fills the screen without going off the screen.

When I set that in the registry, and then run a game, worms appears to revert back to 800x600, which I don't want. More annoyingly, the registry is altered as well, so worms is physically changing my settings..

Any way around this problem lads & ladies?

EDIT:: http://mattyribbo.co.uk/upload/winea1024prob.png
This is what I see if playing with 1024x768 res.

Muzer
24 Sep 2008, 19:58
I think this was a known bug, you have to protect the registry entry. Can't remember how, but it should be quite self-explanatory once you open regedit...

Rioter
26 Sep 2008, 00:06
Would be nice to know how. If anyone knows please do tell me. I don't want to run a separate application just to force it

N.B it would now be useful, since my XP has been forced into Vista, and all that intel graphic issue....

lookias
26 Sep 2008, 00:51
Would be nice to know how. If anyone knows please do tell me. I don't want to run a separate application just to force it

N.B it would now be useful, since my XP has been forced into Vista, and all that intel graphic issue....

hey, just seen you run my program ;p.

so gnome behaves alot different to kde. but i see a possible mistake.
your game window fills the whole height (and more) of the screen.

when i set the window to a resolution that is higher than my own X resolution, the window becomes bigger than my screen is.

a wine window is 1 pixel wine window to 1 pixel of X display, i guess the gnome display manager resizes the window to a fitting height.

so the point is, you cannot choose a resolution on worms which doesnt fit into your screen. because the game resolution = the wine window metrics inside your X display.

edit:
im running worms on 1152x864 to get a fitting window inside my 2560x1024 screen resolution. the next size 1280x1024 would be bigger (in height) than my screen resolution, because of the plus of the window border.

Rioter
28 Sep 2008, 12:58
OK....

Once again, I would like to know how to "force" it to stick at a custom resolution.

Alternatively get it to work full screen.

But for now, I can play it in vista (for some odd reason it now works in vista oh well :eek:)