PDA

View Full Version : ZeroCroft?..

Scrub555
20 Sep 2008, 05:32
Hey, I was reading around this forum while waiting for my PC copy of WA to arrive and was looking forward to ZeroCroft's matches, but his threads seemed to have disappeared..?

And an unrelated question, when you save a scheme can you make it not show the .wsc extension in the title? "[Intermediate AS].wsc" doesn't look so good :(.

CyberShadow
20 Sep 2008, 07:07
The thread was deleted by its creator.

Scheme extensions have been enabled since 3.6.29.0 to make way for new scheme file formats.

Scrub555
20 Sep 2008, 08:38
So for a Hysteria scheme I can't name it as "[Hysteria]" without the ".wsc" after the bracket?

I know it's probably a stupid question but I'm a little obsessive when it comes to stuff like organization :p.

CyberShadow
20 Sep 2008, 10:16
Not right now.

Scrub555
21 Sep 2008, 02:43
Alright, thanks.

ZeroCroft
22 Sep 2008, 01:53
Hey, I was reading around this forum while waiting for my PC copy of WA to arrive and was looking forward to ZeroCroft's matches, but his threads seemed to have disappeared..?

CyberShadow is correct. I deleted the original thread.

However, the weeknight matches are still alive and well. :)

If you would like any information regarding the weeknight matches (such as game times), feel free to send me a private message. You can also contact me via the instant messenger buttons underneath my avatar to the left.

Scheme extensions have been enabled since 3.6.29.0 to make way for new scheme file formats.

While we're on this topic, I have a question.

When people host a custom scheme in WormNet, it is displayed as 'User Defined' to everyone who joins the match. Since entire maps can now be sent to clients, is there any possible way to transfer the names of custom schemes as well?

We are beginning to add user-created schemes to the random rotation in the weeknight matches, and it's somewhat of a pain when regular players have to look into the settings to try and determine which custom scheme is being hosted.

Is there any chance this feature might be included in the 4.0 patch?

Squirminator2k
22 Sep 2008, 01:58
Why did you delete the thread, if I might ask?

ZeroCroft
22 Sep 2008, 03:03
Why did you delete the thread, if I might ask?

I apologize in advance if this post offends anyone. Such is definitely not my intent.

Some people fail to realize that I don't get paid to host a public match five times a week. It's something I do via my own consent because I enjoy the game and I like offering my friends and the community a regular place to compete and have fun. Yet, the majority of responses to the original thread seemed ignorant of this fact, including continuous complaints about the time of day that I host, or people who outright had nothing nice to say.

For example, one individual joined a weeknight match and decided to quit during the first round because he felt he was getting attacked too often or some such nonsense. Afterward, I informed him politely but bluntly that quitters are generally frowned upon, and he retaliated by posting a response in my original thread, accusing me of being too arrogant.

CyberShadow is a good forum moderator and believes that people have the right to express criticism toward me and my weeknight matches, and I agree with him completely. However, I don't feel that I should have to defend myself to a select group of random grumps who seem to think I owe them something. Besides, having previously operated my own message board for several years, I know how easily bad reactions can be triggered.

I deleted the original thread because I can see a 'flame war' coming from a mile away.

I enjoy WA too much to get into a verbal conflict with select members of it's community.

Daveed
22 Sep 2008, 03:17
My name is Daveed and I'm a frequent player of Zero's matches. I design content and help the server to be the best it can.

The server is still up and running Monday - Friday at 8pm central time. I agree with Zero's shutdown of the thread if it was getting out of hand. I know that the majority of any community are decent people, but it is that vocal minority in any situation that ruins the party for everyone else. Rest assured neither Zero or myself want to discourage people from playing. You don't have to agree with everything we say, but be respectful.

And you should definitely agree with that last line, or else my entire message will be in vain. And that one explaining it, and this one.

Squirminator2k
22 Sep 2008, 03:53
I wasn't spoiling for a rumble or anything, I was just curious. I seldom read the thread myself so I don't know what went on in there.

CyberShadow
22 Sep 2008, 04:59
Is there any chance this feature might be included in the 4.0 patch?
Yes .

ZeroCroft
22 Sep 2008, 05:15
I wasn't spoiling for a rumble or anything, I was just curious. I seldom read the thread myself so I don't know what went on in there.

No worries. I didn't mean to ramble on.

I guess it was just a topic that hit close to home.

Yes.

Excellent. Thank you, sir. :)