PDA

View Full Version : Map Problem?

Laban
16 Sep 2008, 10:50
couldnt find it in search, so im asking here :

I made a new map using paint, customized it with the gimp (using the instructions given here http://worms2d.info/Colour_map) and got a black filling instead of transparent background? what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

M3ntal
16 Sep 2008, 11:04
All i can suggest is you didn't follow step 4 of the GIMP section properly.

1. open the Colormap by selecting Dialogs → Colormap
2. find the black colour index (it's usually first)
* Hint: you can find the colour index of a pixel in the image by selecting the Color Picker tool, and clicking in the transparent/black area. The Index field will show the clicked colour's index.
3. double-click the black colour entry to open the Edit Colormap Entry dialog
4. set the R, G and B values to 0.

Laban
17 Sep 2008, 00:57
OMG this is so frustrating :( - thats not it.

though i have noticed something weird - the map size has changed from 1920x696 to 1920x1168 and it looks kinda small and awkward - could this be the problam? and if so how do i fix it?

could it be the dithering, maybe? what should i normally choose there?

thanks a lot btw, this thing is really getting me tired - ive put so much work and effort into this and i'd hate to see it go to waste.

franpa
17 Sep 2008, 07:28
the game treats true black as transparent.

Laban
17 Sep 2008, 16:05
apparently, not in my case - :( why o why?

franpa
17 Sep 2008, 16:16
black = RGB 0, 0, 0

KRD
17 Sep 2008, 21:25
the game treats true black as transparent.

Sigh.

The game only treats true black as transparent if it's the first colour in the file's palette. I believe GIMP has some problems handling those, so you might have to move the black to the first spot in the palette manually. Also, the worms2d.info article on Colour maps suggest TweakPNG for this job, in case your bitmap editing software struggles with it. Might be worth trying out, even though it can be a little tricky to use.