PDA

View Full Version : Translation to Czech

Paulos
5 Sep 2008, 17:13
Good wormy evening,
I'd like to deal with one thing with staff. Before a year, Soustruh and Struzak (maybe you know them :) ) sent you CZ WA image to solve the problem with launching the game. You probably still have this image. But! There is one thing that surprises me. You didn't use that image to create a translated version of WA (in Czech language). The goal of this message is: Can you use that WA image to extract Czech language from it and then use it in the next version of WA beta update? If will be there any non-translated sentences or words, I'm happy to help = translate them.

Thanx for reply.

BTW: I contacted CyberShadow on ICQ and MSN but he didn't respond. Dunno why?

CyberShadow
6 Sep 2008, 14:33
I replied by both ICQ and MSN, but the reply probably didn't get through. Note that I practically no longer use IM protocols - if you need a live chat with me, you can try finding me on #worms (http://worms2d.info/Worms_on_GameSurge), or #Help on WormNET.

Here is the reply I sent:

Hello,
Please use e-mail for further communication as I almost no longer use ICQ or
MSN.
Copying over the Polish translation of the game was never in our intentions nor
is it possible, because, for one, the translation is the intellectual property
of the company that localized W:A to the Polish language, and may not be
reproduced without their permission. Secondly, it is technically not possible as
the Polish language contains letters that contain characters not available in
the fonts and character encoding used by W:A, nor is it possible to add them as
there are not enough free code points to add the missing symbols. This issue has
been previously discussed on the Team17 forum.
Vladimir

Masol
7 Sep 2008, 09:23
I think this topic is about Czech translation, not Polish translation. But probably the same problems apply to Czech language.

CyberShadow
7 Sep 2008, 09:37
My mistake. I did mean the Czech translation from the beginning.