PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes i cannot join or host a game and it FREEZES!!!!

betoomar
1 Sep 2008, 03:15
Sometimes when im trying to play (join a game) when i select the guy who´s going to play with me (when the dialog box appears) i cant do anything more.... the game is not freeze cause i can see the people chatting, going in, going out of channel but i can do nothing, i press all buttons, ctrl alt del, etc etc and notting happens... the dialog box (connecting with......) stay in screen and i cant do anything. I have to restart my computer all the time. Some weeks ago i was playing normaly without problems but now this problem appear frecuently. I was trying to conect a router maybe i did something wrong, but i make everything to reapir this and its keep happens. When i try to host a game sometimes in box of user and pass happens the same i can do anything else. I have the latest update version, the firewall is ok, the ip configuration is ok... what can i do??? the weird thing is that sometimes i can play ok and sometimes not.

CyberShadow
1 Sep 2008, 05:14
Sounds like a software firewall problem.

franpa
1 Sep 2008, 05:33
Check for software like FFDSHOW etc. which can and will show a dialog box during various portions of W:A.

balver
1 Sep 2008, 09:44
Check for software like FFDSHOW etc. which can and will show a dialog box during various portions of W:A.

Never heard of that. I see no connection between ffdshow codecs and W:A.

franpa
1 Sep 2008, 09:47
ffdshow shows a dialog that freezes W:A (you can't see the dialog while in W:A too). adding the game to the ffdshow exceptions nullifies this issue until you update W:A or something (the crc of the exe changes).

A simpler way to avoid this is to disable the option in the picture I provide.

balver
1 Sep 2008, 10:08
Thanks for explaination. I use ffdshow and I've never had any problems with W:A related to the codecs.

BTW, I'm little surprised, that W:A uses those codecs (only audio, I think). I thought, that it uses its own sound playback engine. Now I see I was wrong - it probably uses Direct Audio.

betoomar
3 Sep 2008, 05:53
nop.... i dont have that software in my pc.... what can i do??? how can i to check if my conneccion setting are ok?

betoomar
8 Sep 2008, 01:10
i discover a new thing.... now i can play a game when i use my pc for first tiem then i cannot play. so i have to power off my and turn on again and then i can play normaly.... what can i do

MrBunsy
8 Sep 2008, 18:55
Re-install windows? Sounds like something fairly fundamental is broken.

franpa
9 Sep 2008, 04:53
Thanks for explaination. I use ffdshow and I've never had any problems with W:A related to the codecs.
I don't believe there is A issue with W:A working with FFDSHOW. However the dialog box I speak of is invisible and can never be seen while playing W:A, thus unless your good at guessing where everything is @ 640x480, you most likely can't add W:A. You can either disable the dialog box as shown in the picture above, or manually add W:A to the exceptions (same place in that picture above).

balver
9 Sep 2008, 20:50
I don't believe there is A issue with W:A working with FFDSHOW. However the dialog box I speak of is invisible and can never be seen while playing W:A, thus unless your good at guessing where everything is @ 640x480, you most likely can't add W:A. You can either disable the dialog box as shown in the picture above, or manually add W:A to the exceptions (same place in that picture above).

Not my problem, really. But it may be helpful for someone else on this forum.