PDA

View Full Version : Spacebar release glitch?

natezb
30 Aug 2008, 20:27
I have WA (original CD) installed on Windows XP through VirtualBox (on Ubuntu) with the latest updates (3.6.29.0), and the game all seems to work perfectly, except for one major hitch: I can never launch anything at full power. I will hold the spacebar and once the power meter is at 1/4 to 1/3 power, the projectile (grenade, bazooka shell, etc.) will be released; this is definitely not full power, and the computer can shoot at full power perfectly fine.

I do not believe that this has to do with my space bar, though it is not impossible. Aside from totally handicapping me in the game, I am totally unable to do even the first training mission, since I hold the fire button long enough so that the grenade will reach the target, the grenade is automatically released with little power, and while the spacebar is still held, three more grenades are released with no power in rapid succession, killing my worm.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has anyone experienced this, especially if running VirtualBox?

franpa
31 Aug 2008, 06:10
your keyboard or virtualbox has a rapid fire function (most likely) disable this.