PDA

View Full Version : I need #help!

Muzer
26 Aug 2008, 20:51
Seriously, I am literally the only helper for people in #help in WormNet, so all you people out there should be joining #help with a Snooper or an IRC client (see below) and helping all the poor people who come along, because with all my other browsing and IRCing, I am simply not quick enough, and most people are gone by the time I see their message, and there are so many who can't host, or need to know what the rules mean, and nobody is there to help them so all these new people are quickly scared away.

To join #help with an IRC client:

In order to join the #help channel in an IRC client without the wormnet password, simply open a new server tab/window/whatever and use this command:

/server the.mpaa.uses.frauded.info 31337 help:wormnet

MIRC users use this:

/server -m the.mpaa.uses.frauded.info 31337 help:wormnet

IMPORTANT: IF YOU JOIN LIKE THIS, DO NOT PART FROM THE CHANNEL, CHANGE NICKS, OR JOIN ANOTHER CHANNEL OTHERWISE YOU WILL MAKE ALL THE OTHER HELPERS DO THE SAME AS YOU JUST DID! JUST DISCONNECT FROM THE SERVER.

Also, everyone will have the same nickname, so it is best to prefix your messages with <Nickname>, for example I would say if I used help

<Muzer> Random text

Which would be displayed as

<Help> <Muzer> Random text

In most IRC clients

robowurmz
26 Aug 2008, 21:55
Since we can host games in #help, perhaps we should set up tutorial games for the gametypes too.

Like "BnG Tutorial Game" and "WxW Tutorial Game" where we can explain the rules for the games and show examples of moves and common mistakes etc.

Koen-ftw
26 Aug 2008, 21:58
I've been in #Help a few times, but I always noticed people asking for help there are gone within seconds! That's not the way to do it. To everyone seeking help: shout our names! The IRC people will have their client go mad at them and they will help you. Asking a question, then leaving 10 seconds after does not work well. Most of us are not watching the channels constantly.

Muzer
26 Aug 2008, 22:15
In order to join the #help channel in an IRC client without the wormnet password, simply open a new server tab/window/whatever and use this command:

/server the.mpaa.uses.frauded.info 31337 help:wormnet

MIRC users use this:

/server -m the.mpaa.uses.frauded.info 31337 help:wormnet

IMPORTANT: IF YOU JOIN LIKE THIS, DO NOT PART FROM THE CHANNEL, CHANGE NICKS, OR JOIN ANOTHER CHANNEL OTHERWISE YOU WILL MAKE ALL THE OTHER HELPERS DO THE SAME AS YOU JUST DID! JUST DISCONNECT FROM THE SERVER.

Also, everyone will have the same nickname, so it is best to prefix your messages with <Nickname>, for example I would say if I used help

<Muzer> Random text

Which would be displayed as

<Help> <Muzer> Random text

In most IRC clients

Melon
26 Aug 2008, 22:27
I remember the times when I used to sit in #help all on my lonesome. Met some nice people, even volcadmin!

No point in me sitting in there any more. It's a bit difficult to test if someone can host when you can't run the game :(

Does worMatty's helpbot still sit in there? It was pretty useful.

Muzer
26 Aug 2008, 22:39
He stopped going there for ages, but because of this thread he has returned! So I rejoice!

Melon: I can't run the game but I still help people

Diablo vt
26 Aug 2008, 23:43
Since we can host games in #help, perhaps we should set up tutorial games for the gametypes too.

Like "BnG Tutorial Game" and "WxW Tutorial Game" where we can explain the rules for the games and show examples of moves and common mistakes etc.

That would be a good idea.

Koen-ftw
27 Aug 2008, 01:00
Everyone come join us! Big party in #Help! :D

Diablo vt
27 Aug 2008, 01:24
It's one of the best too!

Run
27 Aug 2008, 09:26
Perhaps someone ought to set up a bot that says "Hi! This channel might look empty but we are watching... give us a minute or two to respond" or something everytime someone joins the channel.

Muzer
27 Aug 2008, 10:23
Get worMatty to do it, he already has a bot there