PDA

View Full Version : Some possible ideas

MilesTP
21 Aug 2008, 03:19
Well, I didn't find any information about this anywhere, so is it possible to change, by any way (registry tweaks or etc), the default W:A keys in game for custom ones (Like instead pressing "Right Arrow" to move to the right you just press 6 (Num. Pad)) and change default W:A paths to our own (instead "$AppDir\User", it could be "DOCUME~1\WASave")? If not, it could be very nice features for a new version.

Personally, I play better with 8,5,4,6 as Up, Down, Left, Right in other games and I would like to have my User folder into "My Documents", because my computer has DeepFreeze (A program who eradicates any change to your hard drive only pressing Reset. I use it as anti-virus and anti-fools), and I dislike install WA into my other partition, only because if I install it in C:\, I won't be able to save my games ^^ :(. It could be great too if you format your HDD and you reinstall WA another time, so you won't lose your saved games.

b1llygo4t
21 Aug 2008, 06:16
look for a program called shortkeylite its basicaly a macro program so you can asign multiple keystrokes or phrases to a single key press, but you can asign just one key to another if you want. its rly useful for posting rules in chat.

i play with an xbox controller using a program called joytokey

MilesTP
21 Aug 2008, 14:57
I knew about JoyToKey, but personally I don't like to play W:A with a joypad -_-. Thx for shortkey, but it could be better for a future WA version if we can set our own keys.

btw, about the folder paths?

Muzer
22 Aug 2008, 17:40
don't think that's currently possible, other than installing wa into my documents :p

MilesTP
22 Aug 2008, 18:20
meh, that's bad :(. Most of new games like NFS or Guitar Hero saves their stats on your docs. It could be a nice idea for the future 4.0.

CyberShadow
22 Aug 2008, 18:35
It's been in the 4.0 spec for quite a while now.

franpa
23 Aug 2008, 02:48
I'd like it to be a configurable location, I loath programs/games that save stuff to your "My Docs" Folder. Why do I hate it? I store games on a seperate partition to my C:\ drive because I can easily format my C:\ without loosing much... however since WinNT/2000 (dunno when exactly) games/programs save stuff in your "My Docs" which by default is on your C:\ I s'ppose I could just move my My Docs folder if the save path becomes static >.>