PDA

View Full Version : My game crashes online?

braders198
20 Aug 2008, 19:14
Hello guys im having problems with armgeddon,
I have installed my game and the patches in all possible ways but whilst im in an online game it just completly freezes (crash) i have to ctrl alt and del to get out of it, it happerns to me all time and Iv only got one whole round out playing a hell of alot :( i realy would love to get this sorted so i can enjo worms

Thanx for reading.

bonz
20 Aug 2008, 19:38
Are you sure you have installed the latest beta update (http://wa.team17.com/main.html?page=supp&area=upda&file=15)?
You only need that and an internet connection during installation.

braders198
20 Aug 2008, 20:23
yes I have updated the right way, also tried by using patch 3.5 first then new one but i still get the same and also with previous old patches, then back to normal way - straight disk install then new patch with the promp of insalling new gfx files which it does fine but im still getting same result no matter how i install it :(

CyberShadow
20 Aug 2008, 21:08
When exactly does the game freeze? Does it happen consistently (in every online game)?

braders198
20 Aug 2008, 21:15
Yes mainly but I have got a couple of games out of it but then for instance at any time it could just stop (like a still picture) no errors come up or anything, plus also i even put an old grafix card in my pc just to make sure my 7600GT was not faulty, also tried updating forcware drivers, belkin wi fi driver, firwall settings and all kind of other crap like registry cleaning and defraging that I know wont make a difference but i cant think what else to do :(

braders198
20 Aug 2008, 23:05
dnt think my replies are showing?!!

anyway yes i have installed correctly, i have done so in all different ways 1st disk install then straight to to newest update with promt to overwrite the 'i think gfx files' that went smootly and 2nd i did the same again but with the 3.5 patch first then newest patch on top of it, All ways I have tried have the same result also defragged pc used ccleaner to clear it and cleaned my registry and used ne w grafix card driver.....all I can think of but still no go :(

Oh! and the crashing happerns any time during a game and its just like a still screen everything stops but the music and i have left it for an hour to see if it recovers itself but nothing still, some times i can get a whole round in then 90 percent of games i play it just does this to me

CyberShadow
21 Aug 2008, 03:53
There's a WormKit module that will try to record the game's state after a certain amount of time has passed after the game was started. This version will do so after 45 minutes: 31185

Get WormKit, install the above module, run W:A via WormKit and try getting the game to freeze. When it does, leave it as it is - 45 minutes after the game was started it should close (note that it'll do that even if it doesn't freeze). After the game closes after freezing, find the file FREEZE.DMP in your W:A folder, compress and post it here.

MilesTP
21 Aug 2008, 04:17
:O It looks nice! Only flat is the forced closing @ 45 min, but it could be really useful to catch bugs who doesn't show on replays!

braders198
21 Aug 2008, 04:34
did not have a clue was u was going on about for a minute lol read ur post like 20 times till i got the idea and i shall try this right away thanks ;)

braders198
21 Aug 2008, 04:44
hi i thought i got the gist of the worm kit and what to do until i noticed its a .dll file and not a program so i cant double click it and do not no wher to put or what to do with it?

braders198
21 Aug 2008, 05:05
my bad forget last post from me i know what worm kit is now and snloaded it and placed in main directory of worms then put the module in with it but I get this error
"the procedure entry point minidumpwritedump_ could not be located in the dynamic link library dbghelp.dll"
and if i put the module in the WormKitModules folder inside its own folder i get this come up "Warning no WormKit modules were loaded: Wormkit features are provided by modules. to activate certain modules simply copy files from the wormkitmodules folder"

lol the module u gave me was not in the modules folder fo me to copy but when it is....where do I copy too other than main directory which is when i get the 1st error abouve?

CyberShadow
21 Aug 2008, 14:46
You have a pretty old dbghelp.dll file - here's a newer one (http://thecybershadow.net/dump/6479a184873f7ca797ff0375d711e9a6/dbghelp.dll). Place it in your W:A folder.

braders198
21 Aug 2008, 17:00
i used new dll but im still getting the same problem

CyberShadow
21 Aug 2008, 19:28
Hmm. Where did that underscore come from?
Try this: http://thecybershadow.net/dump/393de2725c1694180e36430e9e515aa2/wkMinidumpAfter45Minutes.dll

braders198
22 Aug 2008, 07:58
sweet! :D I got the wormkit to work and heres the FREEZE dump u wanted

Thanx

CyberShadow
22 Aug 2008, 18:39
Do you use a software firewall? If you do, which one?
How do you connect to the Internet (Wi-Fi/LAN router/ADSL/cable)?

braders198
22 Aug 2008, 19:10
i connect to internet via Wi-Fi but have tried thru cables but still the same happerns also i have no firewall set on my bitdefender and have uninstalled bitdefender completly just to make sure it was not that but i still get the crashing :(

CyberShadow
23 Aug 2008, 05:29
We'll look into it.
Please see that we're able to contact you via PMs/e-mails should we need more information to fix the problem.

braders198
25 Aug 2008, 17:24
hi guys any progress on why im crashing yet?

Deadcode
26 Dec 2008, 12:20
braders198,

Try launching TimerWorkaround_On.reg in the Tweaks folder. This workaround bypasses the NT high-resolution timer, which may be buggy on your system.

CyberShadow
26 Dec 2008, 13:15
This problem appears when the high-resolution timer on your computer "goes backwards". Like Deadcode said, the workaround is to run the above-mentioned registry tweak, which will make W:A use a less-precise timer. The next Beta will incorporate a check for this condition.