PDA

View Full Version : An unknown error has occured.

Slushy96
18 Aug 2008, 18:51
I was thinking about buying W:A, so I downloaded the 60 minute trail from trygames (I think, I can't remember) and when I start it, it opens up internet explorer, in full screen, and comes up with a message saying "an unknown error has occured." I don't know what to do, I want my hour trail :(

Also, I tryed downloading the demo for W:A and when I start it up it says "Worms Armageddon has stopped working". What gives? I have Windows Vista Home Premium. Help Please!

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 19:02
We can't help you with the TryMedia version, as it's not supported by Team17. You'll have to complain to TryMedia.

As for the original PC demo, it's not compatible with newer operating systems, sorry.

bonz
19 Aug 2008, 01:01
Slushy96, if you intend to buy WA, please do not buy the Trymedia version!
It's overpriced and won't work with the beta updates. You will be disappointed.

Buy a proper CD version!
You can get multi-packs of 2-3 Worms games including shipping for the same price (from the T17 store).

Muzer
19 Aug 2008, 09:42
Also, the problem is most likely to go away with a cd version plus the latest beta update.

Slushy96
20 Aug 2008, 01:14
Slushy96, if you intend to buy WA, please do not buy the Trymedia version!
It's overpriced and won't work with the beta updates. You will be disappointed.

Buy a proper CD version!
You can get multi-packs of 2-3 Worms games including shipping for the same price (from the T17 store).

Lol, I wasn't going to buy the trymedia version, I just wanted to try it out to see if I wanted to buy it, but there is a 99.9% chance that I will buy it anyway!;) One question though, can you use US currency for the T17 store?

bonz
20 Aug 2008, 01:58
One question though, can you use US currency for the T17 store?
I'm quite sure.

Also, get the multi-pack that contains W2, WA and WWP.
That'll be the best deal if you're into 2nd generation Worms gaming.
If you only want one game, get WA.

Due to a new policy here on this forum I need to point out again that you shall buy a CD version; not the Trymedia version (or any other downloadable one like Gametap for that matter).

Muzer
20 Aug 2008, 19:56
Quite thankfully, gametap removed wa from their service quite a while ago now, but people who already downloaded it get to keep it.