PDA

View Full Version : Mission Editting...

podzy
18 Aug 2008, 17:03
all over the internet they say u can go into ur worms mission folder and edit the msissions... so after i found the origional missions folder in where it shows the c-d i unchecked the "read only" sign and it said "error in attribute changing" is this because i burned a copy off my cousin or is it the new patch... or am i just doing something wrong? plz hlp!

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 17:11
The information you found "all over the internet" is referring either to another game, or to pirate copies of the game. The only way you can edit the missions with a legit version of the game is to override the files using something like WormKit + wkFileOverride, or editing a CD image.

podzy
18 Aug 2008, 17:47
can you tell me where i can get worm kit? and it is true that they say that u can edit missions

MilesTP
18 Aug 2008, 21:39
Yes, you can edit missions (I did it for mission 13, too hard for me. Say it! I'm a cheater ;)). Infinite weapon value is -1, just in case ;)

You can find WormKit+wkFileOverride on CyberShadow's website (http://worms.thecybershadow.net/). I don't know if he updated it for 3.6.29.0, but if he didn't (I would be surprised), I've it for both versions. Keeping old and new stuff is useful :).

KRD
18 Aug 2008, 21:43
Eventually, a large portion of the people following those numerous guides come asking for tech support on these forums. Pretty much all of them downloaded the game illegally, forgot to backup the original files and still demand that someone sends them over. Try not to repeat their mistakes. :confused:

The WA missions are far from hard, by the way, and can be beaten in a day the second time you play through them. All of them. I'd much rather see if players who encounter difficulties at them looked for the solutions on the Mission Records page, courtesy of CS, DC, Lex, Run & Co.

Link: http://www.nanacide.com/missionrecords/

podzy
18 Aug 2008, 21:51
thank you! cyber i suggest u try 2 make a thread sticky with your wormkit stuff :) finally a board that actually responds within 1 hour - 30 mins for a somewhat unpopular game (its amazing but most dont even know about it, im sorry 2 say)

hey... w8 a second... where do i "unpack files" to? i did it to my worms armageddon folder, not the cd itself? did i do it right? it wont work.. or w8.. i did it to the data section is that the porblem?

can soem1 explain how to use it? i cant... it always say something about "no module loaded" or something can soem1 tell me how to use

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 22:28
There's some text files in the .zip that you downloaded, which explain everything.

I don't know if he updated it for 3.6.29.0WormKit and wkFileOverride do not depend on W:A's version.
i suggest u try 2 make a thread sticky with your wormkit stuffWell, WormKit is linked to from the signature of my posts, and there are several sticky threads created by me :)

podzy
18 Aug 2008, 22:30
i dont know how to use wormkit...

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 22:49
There's some text files in the .zip that you downloaded, which explain everything.. .

podzy
18 Aug 2008, 22:54
where it says what it does not how to use it i selected both files (i tried seperately to) for the override thing and it still says " wormkits features are provided ffrom modules" but i copied them and it wont work... just tell me i looked at all the things you can read and none explain

franpa
19 Aug 2008, 05:38
c:\program files\team17\Worms Armageddon
extract to there? (I have no clue what the default install folder is)

Muzer
19 Aug 2008, 09:19
Guys, read his original post carefully. he says he got a burnt copy off his friend. i suggest you buy the game, then we will help you further.

podzy
19 Aug 2008, 19:13
i got it i dont need the un-burned version i figured out how to work it i was extracting the folders themselves to the wa folder not the files in them. ty! ive beaten 3-4 missions with this. also i figured out how not to make ur turn end after using a weapon... just ask me if u wana no :)

MilesTP
19 Aug 2008, 20:14
i got it i dont need the un-burned version i figured out how to work it i was extracting the folders themselves to the wa folder not the files in them. ty! ive beaten 3-4 missions with this. also i figured out how not to make ur turn end after using a weapon... just ask me if u wana no :)
Nah, editing missions is too easy. Values are almost said like that: FireDoesntEndTurn = Fire Doesn't End Turn. You should really be a 3 year old kid if you don't know how it works. You can also edit the position where your worms are positioned!

bonz
19 Aug 2008, 20:31
People who cheat at single player gamer earn my biggest respect!
They voluntarily show to the world that they have no self-esteem, no patience and run to their mummies when they encounter the slightest resistance.
Kudos!

podzy
19 Aug 2008, 21:01
They voluntarily show to the world that they have no self-esteem, no patience and run to their mummies when they encounter the slightest resistance.
Kudos!
lol i dont have no self-esteem... i just like using massive amounts of clusterbombs :P

podzy
20 Aug 2008, 00:57
lol i dont have no self-esteem... i just like using massive amounts of clusterbombs :P

woops that just made me sound like george bush >.< also i DONT go crying to mommy cuz my mom lives 40 minutes away from where i am and i wouldnt do that even if i wanted i couldnt... not wit dez gas prices >.<

MilesTP
20 Aug 2008, 01:02
Kudos!

Or it's mission editing, or it's Cheat Engine. I don't run to my mum. I open Firefox and I try to find a way how to cheat in W:A. Isn't easy?

podzy
20 Aug 2008, 01:26
Or it's mission editing, or it's Cheat Engine. I don't run to my mum. I open Firefox and I try to find a way how to cheat in W:A. Isn't easy?
thats what i do 2 :) cheating is always fun because its just so rediculously funny what you can do by using a get pack and putting down huge amounts of cluster bombs and just seeing them eat through the map or on indestructable stuff it looks like an active volcano erupting

franpa
20 Aug 2008, 02:42
i got it i dont need the un-burned version
You DO need the unburned version in order to get any more support from us.

podzy
20 Aug 2008, 03:06
y? lol i got it working... neways my friend doesnt even play it anymore so i mite as well just take his... but im not going to because its his neways the copied ver is the exact same

franpa
20 Aug 2008, 03:37
you want help from the place that made the game with a illegal 'copy' of a game that you did not buy?

bonz
20 Aug 2008, 16:50
Hey podzy, do you go to the next RCMP office and ask them for help on how to snort illicit drugs? :rolleyes:

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 13:54
sorry i dont do drugs and i never will. ok this is my theory why i dont need the real version

ok so my cousin bought the game. then, i asked if i could borrow the game, and made a burned copy. so my cosuin bought 1 game, i copied, my cousin dosnt play, i do. is there one more person playing at the same game? no. no one is getting to play more because there is not 1+ user playing. i only have a burned copy. i could go to my cousing house right now and take his game. he wouldnt care. so there is no1 more playing on/offline. do you get my point?

franpa
21 Aug 2008, 16:57
So, because you can "easily" aquire A authorized copy of the game, you choose to use A unauthorized copy AND ask for help in using said unauthorized copy from the games developers? do you get MY point?

Squirminator2k
21 Aug 2008, 18:33
I'd wondered why we were giving this guy advice when in the first post he admits to having copied the game from his cousin. He didn't buy it at all.

£5 nets you a copy of Worms 2 and Worms Armageddon. £10 nets you W2, WA, WWP and Worms 3D. Stop being a cheapskate and buy the ruddy game.

bonz
21 Aug 2008, 21:43
ok so my cousin bought the game. then, i asked if i could borrow the game, and made a burned copy. so my cosuin bought 1 game, i copied, my cousin dosnt play, i do. is there one more person playing at the same game? no. no one is getting to play more because there is not 1+ user playing. i only have a burned copy. i could go to my cousing house right now and take his game. he wouldnt care. so there is no1 more playing on/offline. do you get my point?
Awesome!
If that's how the copyright and licensing laws work in Canada I think I need to move there.

S2K, screw L.A.! Move up north!

Squirminator2k
21 Aug 2008, 22:31
I have an Uncle up there. I'll make some calls.

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 23:07
you dont get my point...

bonz
21 Aug 2008, 23:14
you dont get my point...
No, you don't get your own point.

Read the EULA!
It's not legal to give any backup copies to a 3rd party unless the original copy (= the original CD to which the license is bound) is also passed along.
So, if you have both the original and the backup at home everything is fine. Not the case you described though.

'Nuff said.

Squirminator2k
21 Aug 2008, 23:20
you dont get my point...

That may be because you aren't making one.

podzy
22 Aug 2008, 12:36
fine... sunday im going to my cousins house ill get the cd then