PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Wormkit with .29 Patch installed

Erik500002
18 Aug 2008, 09:09
Hi i have a problem with wormkit ever since i installed the new patch .29 wormkit crashes also when i host after 10 min or so in the game supposedbly the players desynch but i think its a problem with me i have reinstalled worms many times but no luck i would really appreciate some help here i only have wkick module installed and this only happens with the new patch :(

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 11:07
The wKick module is only compatible with the 3.6.28.0 update. Remove the module and W:A should work fine.

Erik500002
18 Aug 2008, 21:17
Thank You, wormkit now works fine but im still having problems with the hosting. As you can see i can host but when im in the game after 15-20 players start to drop out one by one and this doesnt only happen in wormkit but in the WA too.I've never had this problem before until i installed the latest patch, now i can't even host a game for more than 30 min! :( Any Solutions????

knkn
18 Aug 2008, 22:42
They just gradually drop? Are you positive they aren't altf4'ing?

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 22:50
I think there's a bug in the last Beta which may cause players to desynchronize after a player quit.

franpa
19 Aug 2008, 05:36
I believe I encountered that ONCE, Cybershadow. I can test it if you want, unless you got some of your secret testers to already test it.

Gnork
19 Aug 2008, 11:13
I think there's a bug in the last Beta which may cause players to desynchronize after a player quit.

omg, i've seen this so many times... a wormkit game is hosted, 1 player who hasn't got it, and he will desync soon... then the rest just follows up, one after another desyncs as well when their turn starts.

CyberShadow
19 Aug 2008, 12:34
I'm not sure WormKit has anything to do with this... but if it does, then the fault is most likely in one of the WormKit modules.

PaReRa
4 Sep 2008, 13:48
Hey!
I had this problem too! Sometimes if a player quit, the others desync, but not every time^^
Is there any solution 4 this problem?

I think the problem isnt wk, cuz i removed it completly and it happened again.

Muzer
4 Sep 2008, 17:21
http://forum.team17.co.uk/images/icons/icon5.gif

Hey!

I had this problem too! Sometimes if a player quit, the others desync, but not every time^^

Is there any solution 4 this problem?

I think the problem isnt wk, cuz i removed it completly and it happened again.
Yeah, this has now been recognised as a known bug in WA 3.6.29.0, check the sticky thread in WA's other forum (Worms Armageddon Support).

GreeN
4 Sep 2008, 17:26
I have come accross this problem alot, and having experienced it with both executables, I can confirm that the problem does not lie exclusively with WormKit. Instead, I seem to see this problem alot when a host is running 3.6.29.0 and a remote player is forcing the game to emulate 3.6.28.0.

I hope this is something that will be easy to sort out, as it is raaaaather tedious :P

Edit: Never mind! :P

franpa
5 Sep 2008, 03:03
Sticky: W:A v3.6.29.0 - known issues (http://forum.team17.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37121)

FawFuL
8 Sep 2008, 15:19
i am trying to use that wormkit to.. anyone knows where to download?

GreeN
8 Sep 2008, 18:37
There is a link to the WormKit download page in CyberShadows signature