PDA

View Full Version : would it be??????

WA2006
17 Aug 2008, 16:35
would it be illegal if someone developed there own patch not endorsed or monitered by team17 and applied it to their copy of WA as well as the other patches and beta's

robowurmz
17 Aug 2008, 16:49
We have WormKit for user-based Worms development: it allows you to write your own stuff for worms and use it without actually modifying Worms itself. It also allows you to keep using the beta updates along with your own stuff.

If you did it the way you suggest, you wouldn't be able to use the beta updates or anything. Plus, you don't have the source code.

WA2006
17 Aug 2008, 16:54
i werent implying that i was making one i just thort if it would be possible n wormkit's good but i dont think it can like fix bugs or improve speed or connectivity. its just that sum1 i no is like developing one and i dont know how he's doing it without the source code. would it be better just for him to relay bugs and errors to team17 or the moderators

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2008, 17:35
Just so you know - distributing verbatim or modified copies of WA.exe or other files that are the intellectual property of Team17 is a breach of international copyright law. If you need to modify W:A's behavior, do it with runtime patches, for example WormKit modules (wkRubberWorm is a practical example).

raffie
17 Aug 2008, 17:45
i werent implying that i was making one i just thort if it would be possible n wormkit's good but i dont think it can like fix bugs or improve speed or connectivity. its just that sum1 i no is like developing one and i dont know how he's doing it without the source code. would it be better just for him to relay bugs and errors to team17 or the moderators

That sum1 u kno wouldn't be your alter ego trippenz by any chance?

robowurmz
17 Aug 2008, 17:56
He's not trippenz, I know that much.

bonz
17 Aug 2008, 22:23
That someone you know should rather hop on #worms on Gamesurge and relay the bugs to CyberShadow or Deadcode. Or post them here on the forums.
He's not trippenz, I know that much.
Robowurmz, I think that YOU are trippenz!
I noticed the Z at the end of both your nick names.

WA2006
18 Aug 2008, 14:10
here we go. this is worse than wormnet arguing over a w2w or shoppa. i've told him that he cant so it without the source code and it would be illegal and he is not my alter ego. technically you should be kicked off the forums cause you are making a passing stab at scizophrenics, and its not their fault they're like that.

p.s. i have A.D.H.D tho. just so you lot can take the mick for that. and to cybershadow, is that a reason for getting kicked off. taking the mick out of other peoples mental status????

pisto
18 Aug 2008, 19:39
is he a french guy?

I met once one that kept all the game blaming the team17 "noobs" because w:a was " a big bug" and he was a "pro" coder and he hated pathes because they were the biggest noob work ever and so on.

Muzer
19 Aug 2008, 09:07
here we go. this is worse than wormnet arguing over a w2w or shoppa. i've told him that he cant so it without the source code and it would be illegal and he is not my alter ego. technically you should be kicked off the forums cause you are making a passing stab at scizophrenics, and its not their fault they're like that.

p.s. i have A.D.H.D tho. just so you lot can take the mick for that. and to cybershadow, is that a reason for getting kicked off. taking the mick out of other peoples mental status????
We are not saying it's your alter ego, we are saying it's tripenz's. tripenz was an annoying person who claimed he could make wa much better, but all he did was release others' work as his own. so we say, it's ok to make fun of him, because he ****es everyone off. we will not make fun of your adhd so long as you don't **** everyone off.

WA2006
19 Aug 2008, 10:04
i'm not trying to **** anyone off and i'm not trippenz, whoever he is or was. i'm not trying to release other work as my own because thats just stupid and in the end everyone would find out anyway. so sorry for even starting this thread

is he a french guy?

I met once one that kept all the game blaming the team17 "noobs" because w:a was " a big bug" and he was a "pro" coder and he hated pathes because they were the biggest noob work ever and so on.

I'm not french i'm half welsh, half english and the patches arent noob works they are brilliant in fixing all the errors and adding new features. i say GO TEAM17

Squirminator2k
19 Aug 2008, 17:59
technically you should be kicked off the forums cause you are making a passing stab at scizophrenics, and its not their fault they're like that.

http://stuff.benpaddon.co.uk/shadowmoon.png

Oh, go on then. Have another one.

http://stuff.benpaddon.co.uk/shadowmoon.png

robowurmz
19 Aug 2008, 18:28
Robowurmz, I think that YOU are trippenz!
I noticed the Z at the end of both your nick names.

:O

No, WACE was about the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of.

bonz
19 Aug 2008, 20:32
:O

No, WACE was about the stupidest thing I'd ever heard of.
I'll be watching you!
I'm sure I'm gonna find some rendered ninjas in your backyard.

Muzer
20 Aug 2008, 19:09
I love threads like this :p

WA2006
21 Aug 2008, 12:24
I love threads like this :p

why do you like threads like this???????

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 13:58
why do you like threads like this???????

the real question is... who DOESNT like threads like this **dissapears into bat cape**;)

WA2006
21 Aug 2008, 14:04
well i suppose people debating over one little question is quite fun

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 14:07
well i suppose people debating over one little question is quite fun

this is no little question:cool: this is a life thrreatening matter, not to be taken lightly by you pathetic mortals :rolleyes:
its because theres always someone who make fun of these topics

WA2006
21 Aug 2008, 14:09
hey remember who started this debate. stop trying to steal my thunder lol!

i asked a simple question, and i didnt expect a debate over whether i am trippenz or if i'm french

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 14:13
hey remember who started this debate. stop trying to steal my thunder lol!

i asked a simple question, and i didnt expect a debate over whether i am trippenz or if i'm french

thats my point. people are just trying to play a joke on you by calling you trippenz or whatever his name is, french guy. cant you take a joke?

WA2006
21 Aug 2008, 14:14
sometimes i cant tell a joke from seriousness

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 14:16
We have WormKit for user-based Worms development: it allows you to write your own stuff for worms and use it without actually modifying Worms itself. It also allows you to keep using the beta updates along with your own stuff.

If you did it the way you suggest, you wouldn't be able to use the beta updates or anything. Plus, you don't have the source code.

oh and heres the answer to your question. thats why no1 cared about the question after this reply. im quite sure if you dont share your patch with anyone it wouldnt be illegal. if you did share it and post it on the internet, then yes i think it would be without t17's permission

WA2006
21 Aug 2008, 14:18
but cybershadow said even modifying Wa.exe or any of its files with an un endorsed program would be an illegality

podzy
21 Aug 2008, 14:25
probably true i dont know, cyber is probly right he is one of t17s programming people so hes probly rite i was just telling you what i think

but if someone would ever moddify a file without permission they would probly do it on wormkit

CyberShadow
21 Aug 2008, 14:44
Please pay attention. I was talking about distributing modified (or un-modified) files that are the IP of Team17. A program that modifies files on a user's hard drive or in memory does not fall under that.

podzy
22 Aug 2008, 19:31
i wuz rite :D

WA2006
23 Aug 2008, 11:51
yes you were right

and in the initial post, there was not a single word that sed that it was going to be distritbuted

robowurmz
23 Aug 2008, 11:52
Maybe we should drop the subject now: we've come to a conclusion. For Worms development, the best route seems to be WormKit for now.