PDA

View Full Version : 3.6.29.0 and I can't host

Ombodi77
16 Aug 2008, 11:46
I have a big problem... I play WA from 2 PC (mine and AngelTimi88's)...
We have router for both PC but we could host with 3.6.28.0...
Now we updated our WA to 3.6.29.0 and now we can't host!
Non new router or firewall or antivir settings, so we can't understand it.
I see the new "box" (updt or something like that) in configuration menu but we tried both - on and off too and it isn't working!

Plz someone help for us, because there are a lot of f*****g unfair players on WormOlympics2008 and I can't do anything vs them if i can't host :(

/Sorry for poor English\

WA2006
16 Aug 2008, 12:05
perhaps you could have updated something which changed your proxy or router settings. the only 2 options i can think of is
1. Reset your router
2. backup Worms Armageddon and reinstall and apply the patch. i recommended apllying patch 3.5 before any of the 3.6's, cuz it gives extra schemes and all the maps straight out

Konar6
16 Aug 2008, 13:39
To use UPnP you must enable it in W:A AND in your router too (consult your router manual if you don't know how to do it)
You can also try these 2 options:
- If you have checked the box "Force IP", uncheck it and try hosting.
- Go to http://whatismyip.com and write the number it says it is your IP to the box labelled "Your IP address" and check the box "Force IP".

CyberShadow
16 Aug 2008, 13:59
If you can't host after updating, it's usually because your software firewall must be reconfigured to allow the new version of W:A. Try to delete and re-create any software firewall rules regarding W:A.

If that didn't work, try disabling UPnP in W:A's network configuration screen.

Let us know which method worked, if any.

- Go to http://whatismyip.com and write the number it says it is your IP to the box labelled "Your IP address" and check the box "Force IP".
Starting with 3.6.28.0, W:A will automatically detect your external IP address. Manually specifying your IP address is now not necessary, except for some very exotic network configurations.

Ombodi77
16 Aug 2008, 16:49
Thx Guys! I can host again!
I tried the first idea, that i turned of then on the router!
But i think, the other ideas sound great too, so thanks WA2006, Konar6 and CyberShadow too!

WA2006
16 Aug 2008, 19:22
anytime mate, there are a lot of people tht r here to help

Ombodi77
17 Aug 2008, 19:06
The restart worked only on my PC...
In AngelTimi88's PC i still cant host...
I reset the router, reset the firewall, recheck the settings and redo everything :(
I cant host :( PLZ Say some extra, new ideas if you could :(

Wormetti
18 Aug 2008, 09:26
On only one of the computers on your LAN, go to WA settings and change port 17011 to 17067 (or any free port number). Both computers can't host using the same port at the same time, so you have to tell WA to use another port.

After you do the above, try with UPnP WA setting enabled on both computers. If that doesn't work then you might need to disable UPnP and manually forward each of those ports to a different LAN IP. Read http://www.portforward.com for how to manually forward ports.

WA2006
18 Aug 2008, 14:12
yeah if you try to connect on the same port on both pc's it will crash the network or your antivirus/firewall will say "oh there's too many connections. you must have spyware, i'm gonna shut you off.

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 14:54
yeah if you try to connect on the same port on both pc's it will crash the network or your antivirus/firewall will say "oh there's too many connections. you must have spyware, i'm gonna shut you off.
Uhh... no.

Ombodi77
18 Aug 2008, 18:49
I never said that the 2 PC is on ONE network...

Ombodi77
18 Aug 2008, 19:40
I have another problem too with 3.6.29.0... I can't use any key to Utilities, like F1 to Bazooka :(

Then this two problems i have decided to reinstall 3.6.28.0...
I can't host and can't use utilies from keyboard with this version too :(

No ideas, i tried to readd LegacyUtilityKey_ON.reg to my registration base, but these don't work :(

I hate 3.6.29.0... :'(

CyberShadow
18 Aug 2008, 20:51
That couldn't have happened because of a W:A update. Check any keyboard/macro software you may be running.