PDA

View Full Version : crash when trying to get wormnet

yawa
16 Aug 2008, 08:55
So my game crashes/freezes everytime I try to connect wormnet. When it crashes I can minimize it but resolution and colours are screwed up, I can go to taskmanager and it shows T17 and Worms arent responding, after I close them via Task Manager it takes about few minutes so it goes back to normal resolution and colours.

I have 3.6.28.0 version of the game. And I have set the game as exception in my firewall. I have Windows XP.

CyberShadow
16 Aug 2008, 09:34
Try updating the game to the latest Beta version.

yawa
16 Aug 2008, 10:39
im afraid that updating to latest aint an option due my friend not being cabable update his worms armageddon.

Anyways I disconnected from internet, and closed both my comodo firewall and avira antivirus and managed to get wormnet login site. So the problem lies in either of those. Is there any known issues with Comodo or Avira Antivir? I have set the game as exception in both programs.

Muzer
17 Aug 2008, 16:36
Try removing the game from the exceptions in commodo.

CyberShadow
17 Aug 2008, 17:41
im afraid that updating to latest aint an option due my friend not being cabable update his worms armageddon.Buy the game.

yawa
17 Aug 2008, 18:02
Buy the game.

Well I have actually bought this game and so has my friend the reason that he cant update it cos hes playing it on his parents computer and its a restricted XP account he can use the computer on which dont allow him to apply updates from .exe files. Please if you dont have anything useful to suggest dont mind posting in this thread.

To Muzer I tried that, it still crashes/freezes, the crash makes the screen go so bad its impossible to see if Comodo is asking for permissions in background..

thomasp
17 Aug 2008, 18:18
Please if you dont have anything useful to suggest dont mind posting in this thread.

It isn't recommended to talk to moderators and particularly one of the people who is patching WA that way. And usually the reason why a copy of WA can't be updated is because it is an illegal copy which has not been purchased, hence Cybershadow's response.

The best bet probably will be to update to the latest Beta version, you'll just have to get your parents to do it from an admin account, or whatever you need to do to overcome the restrictions on XP.

yawa
17 Aug 2008, 19:27
It isn't recommended to talk to moderators and particularly one of the people who is patching WA that way. And usually the reason why a copy of WA can't be updated is because it is an illegal copy which has not been purchased, hence Cybershadow's response.

The best bet probably will be to update to the latest Beta version, you'll just have to get your parents to do it from an admin account, or whatever you need to do to overcome the restrictions on XP.

If the answer is ignorant so is my response.

Anyways I solved by following this thread http://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/a_note_to_gamers-t20008.0.html on comodo forums.

bonz
17 Aug 2008, 22:37
he cant update it cos hes playing it on his parents computer and its a restricted XP account he can use the computer on which dont allow him to apply updates from .exe files.
Then his parents should give his restricted account full access to the WA installation folder only. :rolleyes: