PDA

View Full Version : Bought the CD, but its saying "Error installing, please check CD"

chlywly
15 Aug 2008, 21:47
So I just got the cd in the mail, and i'm getting an "There is an error with the installation, please check the CD" message... I did see a tiny scuff on the cd, probably while shipping but I didn't think it was anything significant.. I'm in Vista 64, any ideas?>>

CyberShadow
15 Aug 2008, 22:35
Where did you order the CD from? I'd suggest that you try to get a refund or a replacement CD.

Also, please post a screenshot of the error message.

WA2006
16 Aug 2008, 12:08
Where did you order the CD from? I'd suggest that you try to get a refund or a replacement CD.

Also, please post a screenshot of the error message.

I think you could be right cyber, although it could be his system configuration or optional software blocking the CD. i would run a full system diagnostic and defragmentation before returning it. and even if its not your pc blocking it, at least you know you've given it a clean-up :D. or the WA cd you bought is not compatible with vista, cuz i have seen in shops normal WA cd's and WA cd's with a Vista compatible sticker on them.

another thing is to get xp cuz vista is so full of glitches and service pack 1 of vista had more glitches and security holes than its initial release

GO XP!!!!!!

Muzer
17 Aug 2008, 13:56
all copies of wa are compatible with vista, it merely depends on the graphics card, but even that wouldn't cause that error.

WA2006
17 Aug 2008, 14:21
then maybe it could be that scuff tht caused it. missing information on the disc due to damage