PDA

View Full Version : Can't get WA 3.0 working.

[UFP]Ghost
15 Aug 2008, 03:02
I've installed it before to use the fiddler when I wanted to try it out and I did it again, this time to try silkworm as I have never seen it in action or used it. Worms doesn't load, the menu is slow but usable and then starting a game makes a black screen where WA is using resources but it never progresses. Any ideas?

btw I'm xp.

Muzer
15 Aug 2008, 12:51
You need to make sure you install the silkworm XP compatibility patch.

You may need to install the bad silkworm and the good one, not sure if the bad one has the XP patch. The good one will not cancel the bad one unless you tell it to.

KRD
15 Aug 2008, 14:58
Exactly; what you need is both SilkWorm [v3.5+] and the AntiSilk [v4.12+]. The former in order to be able to cheat, the latter to enable XP compatibility. Version numbers are approximate because I really can't be bothered to look them up now.

But remember, the WormNet police has eyes everywhere. :cool:

[UFP]Ghost
15 Aug 2008, 20:58
lol it's for offline. but ya i'll give it a go.

[UFP]Ghost
15 Aug 2008, 21:12
You need to make sure you install the silkworm XP compatibility patch.

You may need to install the bad silkworm and the good one, not sure if the bad one has the XP patch. The good one will not cancel the bad one unless you tell it to.
It works!
damn i tried that yesterday, and it kept crashing, probably made a mistake with one of the patches? Well it works nicely, thanks :)