PDA

View Full Version : Thinking your entire turn

MihaiS
13 Aug 2008, 08:41
If you have ever seen people constantly/continuously popping thought bubbles with ease during their entire turn, you should also see this:

http://www.flash-bug.com/_RubberWorm/thinking.jpg

Ye, Macro Scheduler (http://www.mjtnet.com/) >_>

Konar6
13 Aug 2008, 08:52
... and what is it good for?

GoDxWyvern
13 Aug 2008, 09:07
David Copperfield will not be pleased.

MihaiS
13 Aug 2008, 09:08
... and what is it good for?
You know, people tend to show off popping thought bubbles. It's just an exaggeration I'm pointing. Pressing "T" during your turn was never useful, but rather fun (if done at the right moment).

Konar6
13 Aug 2008, 09:15
Yeh so now you are using "hacks" even just for making fun? :confused:

MihaiS
13 Aug 2008, 09:18
Some may, but it's harmless.

Squirminator2k
14 Aug 2008, 00:14
Harmless? Yes. Pointless? Most certainly.

http://stuff.benpaddon.co.uk/shadowmoon.png

Do yourself a favour and buy a trophy shelf. You're going to be accumilating a lot of these over the coming weeks, I suspect.

MihaiS
14 Aug 2008, 00:24
Ye, right.

robowurmz
14 Aug 2008, 10:13
This would be useful for typing out various messages that you type out all the time: like "Good Luck, Have Fun" and stuff. As long as you can bind these macros to a key of course.

I don't really see the point of thought-bubbling the whole time...it's fun when there's an obvious solution to what you're going to do, like there's a worm on the edge of a cliff and you've got a prod and you're like, "Hmmm....".

Stuff like that, but using it the whole turn seems pretty pointless.

MihaiS
14 Aug 2008, 11:50
Yep, you can assign hot keys for running different kinds of scripts. And, without doubt, there are many ways you can bring this tool to your advantage in a more useful way, but the point of the thread is to show people that something apparently uncomfortable to do (i.e. pressing "T" while performing complex moves) can be actually achieved with ease.

GreeN
14 Aug 2008, 15:09
My finger practically hovers above the T key when I'm playing, much to the annoyance of a few people I play with; I wouldn't personally recommend using this utility for such suggested uses.

bonz
14 Aug 2008, 15:48
Well, and the next thing will be that people create scripts to accomplish inhumanly fast moving/shooting combos, thus giving them and unfair advantage which could be considered cheating. :mad:

yakuza
14 Aug 2008, 15:49
Well, and the next thing will be that people create scripts to accomplish inhumanly fast moving/shooting combos, thus giving them and unfair advantage which could be considered cheating. :mad:

Won't work. The WA community has been aware of macro programs since day one and you can't even get one to improve your roping "tapping".

robowurmz
14 Aug 2008, 16:52
Won't work. The WA community has been aware of macro programs since day one and you can't even get one to improve your roping "tapping".

Constipated Silkworm still works.

yakuza
14 Aug 2008, 17:02
Constipated Silkworm still works.

I should have bolded the part were I said improve I guess, also, I never said they didn't work. All macros work in WA, however none will make you better at the game, trust me, or question mme, the end result will be the same. CS allows you to tap fast while in one position still, being completely noticeable and 0% useful for your roping.

MihaiS
14 Aug 2008, 17:28
I should have bolded the part were I said improve I guess, also, I never said they didn't work. All macros work in WA, however none will make you better at the game, trust me, or question mme, the end result will be the same. CS allows you to tap fast while in one position still, being completely noticeable and 0% useful for your roping.

Right you are! Until some smart ass will develop a map (/objects) recognition independent module, macros are not going to dramatically improve roping, nor attack styles/times . Though, programming that should be fun.

KRD
14 Aug 2008, 17:33
Improvement or not, using macros while playing any sort of computer games is about as low as a geek can fall, with the possible exception of chat messages during fast-paced games where you just can't afford the time to type things out. Worms is not one of those. :confused:

Squirminator2k
14 Aug 2008, 17:40
The chat thing is why I prefer to use a VoIP app like Vent or TeamSpeak when I'm playing against friends.