PDA

View Full Version : Can't play built-in maps online/LAN

Konar6
13 Aug 2008, 03:55
When host chooses one of the built-in Team17 maps, joiner will end up with wrong map loaded (the one that he previously played and that is in his "cache") and the game desync of course.
Solution to this could be saving those maps as png and make joiner download it from you as usual.

franpa
13 Aug 2008, 04:14
did you update to 3.6.29.0?

Konar6
13 Aug 2008, 11:06
Well, I myself did, but as you may know, most people didn't. 99 % of games are emulated :(
Yesterday before I made the post, I tested this issue online and in 2 of 5 games this bug happened, so I also tested it on LAN which showed every game was affected by this bug, so its presence depends on some circumstances (these could be the versions used as franpa assumed because on my 2nd computer is version 3.6.26.5 installed - I haven't turned it on for years LOL). To certify this, I just now was about to update it and test if it is fixed if all players uses latest version but awww, the new update doesn't work on Windows 9x anymore :eek:

There is one item in the fixlog for 3.6.29.0 that is very similar to this:
On some systems, a network game started with an intrinsic map (Cars, Polar, etc.) would pop up an "The parameter is incorrect" message and desynchronise.
though I did not get that message, I just stare at wrong map when the game starts.

(sorry for my english)

CyberShadow
13 Aug 2008, 11:54
Search the ReadMe for "intrinsic map". There have been a lot of fixes regarding them.