PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my roping.

[UFP]Ghost
12 Aug 2008, 05:26
Could someone post or link to some rr maps and what would be a good time to get in a tt rr. I want to improve but practicing alone doesn't help as I'm not sure how bad I am.

Mablak
12 Aug 2008, 09:16
There's some big sfx map pack I downloaded at one point, I'm not sure where it is, you'd probably just want to find someone and get their RR map folder through msn or something.

I'd first recommend the classic TR13 which you can extract below, because it's not a completely linear map, so it helps you think about which selection of moves is fastest, it can be more open ended. From my experience with the map over the years, the 75-65 second range is okay to good, 65-60 range means you're on your way to being really good, 60-55 is excellent, 55-50 is nearing perfection, and anything under 50 doesn't require much improvement. I'm talking about the best time you can get though, you might have to play the map for a while to gauge yourself.

Something else you could do is just browse through the played games at xtcleague.com, good RRers consistently set above average times that would be a challenge to even come close to, plus it's good to observe all the different rr moves available.

Edit: well, the replays there are down right now... nevermind :0

yakuza
12 Aug 2008, 10:10
www.rrkit.com

[UFP]Ghost
13 Aug 2008, 01:11
Thanks and just to say i do have more than enough rr maps, I have a ridiculously large collection of worms flies which is somewhat sorted. I just don't have avg times for maps.

I tried that one..lets just say I'm O.K.

KRD
13 Aug 2008, 01:45
The roping challenges on TCB could interest you as well if you're after good offline runs: http://www.thechallengebase.com/

Just go to the Challenge List and filter it by category.

[UFP]Ghost
14 Aug 2008, 00:16
I'm improving. About a year ago I was getting 70-80 on three maps. I played on them with cueshark, he got 53, 50, 38. Re-doing said Maps I got 60, 58, 53 (respectively). :D. YAY!