PDA

View Full Version : W:A v3.6.29.0 Hacked?

Malevol3nt
12 Aug 2008, 02:36
I don't know if this is some new kind of a hack or not, but I'm sure it's going to get pretty annoying if everyone starts getting their hands on it.

Observe:

http://i38.tinypic.com/t0n33r.jpg

See the line where my name is in gray and it says "I don't have rubber"?
I didn't write that. It seems one of these 3 players has a hack that can make it seem like u wrote something.

And since the host kicked me out I don't think he had any idea of it.

So what, is this a new hack or something I'm just not aware of? This should be taken care of in next update imo :confused:

CyberShadow
12 Aug 2008, 05:55
If [Nullum'sW] has placed a certain amount of spaces after his message, the rest of the line would wrap around and appear as a new line. Check your User\Logs folder.

MilesTP
12 Aug 2008, 06:12
It happens too into W:A ingame chat. If you want to ridicule some people, you type a short message, a big number of spaces, [the name of the player] and the fake message. It's funny, but Nullum`sW did a fake message, saying like "you" said that, and the host saw as you said it. It's an easy trick. ;)

CyberShadow
12 Aug 2008, 06:24
It happens too into W:A ingame chat. If you want to ridicule some people, you type a short message, a big number of spaces, [the name of the player] and the fake message.
Yes, but that only works if everyone is using the same resolution setting.

franpa
12 Aug 2008, 06:41
and unfortunately, the frontend uses the same resolution no matter what (most likely until v4.0 comes).

Run
12 Aug 2008, 09:32
Perhaps wrapped lines should be slightly indented, that would make fake lines apparent

What a cheeky little bugger that Nullum is

Plutonic
12 Aug 2008, 09:39
Or put the users name at the start of every line so it looks like they pressed enter before continuing the next line.

franpa
12 Aug 2008, 13:47
Perhaps wrapped lines should be slightly indented, that would make fake lines apparent

What a cheeky little bugger that Nullum is
Pisto does it too !

MihaiS
12 Aug 2008, 14:02
Pisto does it too !

Ye, let's start denunciating people. I do it too!

Tchai
12 Aug 2008, 16:37
well, this had nothing to do with me. I didn't even realise we'd been had. I thought the wtf hax comments were about you thinking you had it, but upon checking didn't.

Malevol3nt
12 Aug 2008, 16:55
Well I'd like to congratulate the scene kid Nullum for entering my very special VIP only blacklist. Enjoy your stay!

knkn
12 Aug 2008, 17:04
I wonder how many space is it after nullum's name..

robowurmz
12 Aug 2008, 19:15
Well I'd like to congratulate the scene kid Nullum for entering my very special VIP only blacklist. Enjoy your stay!

Oh, calm down. He was only fooling around: and OH NOES! You didn't get to play ONE game! Oh, he's such a bad fellow!

franpa
13 Aug 2008, 02:50
I find it suspicious that you where booted after you just said "nice show" xD.

knkn
13 Aug 2008, 04:51
I find it suspicious that you where booted after you just said "nice show" xD.

Very.
10charactersorlessinpostz?

raffie
13 Aug 2008, 08:19
I used to pull that kind of fun too, albeit ingame, and then i bought a widescreen monitor 1680x1024 and it all went out of the window :-/

xDestroyer
13 Aug 2008, 13:28

http://wormscc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2813

Regards xdPxDestroyer

pisto
13 Aug 2008, 15:08
Pisto does it too !
I had an utility that worked with 28: it allowed to impersonate (without space tricks) another player, even non existent (I liked to be God).

If there are no new checks in the network protocol, it may have been updated:o

yakuza
13 Aug 2008, 15:53
There was a built in comand back in the day that allowed you to type a line without it showing your nickname. It also allowed color codes. This worked on the channel lobbys only and made it easy to impersonate. It went like this:

#me \g[pisto] I love hacking!

It was basically a /me command without showing your nickname

lookias
14 Aug 2008, 18:32
inspired by this thread, i felt like writing a tool aswell.

http://lookias.inventforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=18#18

comments are welcome :D

greetz lookias

CyberShadow
14 Aug 2008, 18:36
There's currently an easy way to detect this trickery - simply select the text in the chat history box. Spaces in the first line will be selected and shown with a white background.