PDA

View Full Version : Cannot seem to host now with new patch

Fechmar
9 Aug 2008, 19:27
I got that insert CD error when I upgraded to the new patch, so I thought I should just reinstall and upgrade to the recent patch. I did that, and now I cannot seem to host. My 17011 port it open and force ip is not checked. Also, I see that I no longer have my cheats (add blood fx, turn super sheep into aqua, and I can no longer add super weapons my to inventory in the weapon options screen, they are just not listed anymore). What gives?

Devoluti0n
9 Aug 2008, 19:33
I got that insert CD error when I upgraded to the new patch, so I thought I should just reinstall and upgrade to the recent patch. I did that, and now I cannot seem to host. My 17011 port it open and force ip is not checked. Also, I see that I no longer have my cheats (add blood fx, turn super sheep into aqua, and I can no longer add super weapons my to inventory in the weapon options screen, they are just not listed anymore). What gives?

Reading your second issue, I can say that when you reinstalled your game, you erased your old worms settings (that's why you don't have full wormage activated anymore).

About your hosting issue, try to host with your IP manually typed in the IP textbox and try to tick force IP.

I don't really know what would change but you have nothing to lose to give a try.

Friendly, Dev'.

Fechmar
9 Aug 2008, 19:52
oh yeah, that makes sense. Eh... those kind of options should be automatically on when your on wormnet though. I can see how it would be nice to unlock them with single player, but when your online it's nice to have all the options available to you without having to go through all the trouble to get them. As for the hosting part, I tried that, still no luck. What bothers me the most is that I was hosting fine before I updated to this patch...

KRD
9 Aug 2008, 20:04
Remove the old WA.exe from your firewall's exceptions, add it again and see if that fixes the hosting problem. It has for other people before. Also, best keep the Force IP box unchecked since the game should be able to detect your address automatically now.

Regarding the cheat options not being available online, what most people do is download the schemes for use on WormNet instead of creating them themselves. As those schemes were made by people with access to the cheats [or an external scheme editor like SchemeEddy (http://worms2d.info/SchemeEddy)], they'll have all the required settings activated already. An even easier way of getting the cheat options without completing the game in single player first is getting TeamED (http://worms2d.info/TeamED) and unlocking everything via editing the WG.WGT file in your \User\Teams folder.

CyberShadow
10 Aug 2008, 05:15
Try disabling the UPnP option in the network configuration screen. Let us know if that worked.

Fechmar
10 Aug 2008, 18:46
Ok, I reset the rule in my firewall and that seemed to have made it worked. Also, it doesn't matter if I have enabled or disabled upnp, with either one checked, I'm still able to host.

franpa
11 Aug 2008, 00:12
Yep, some firewalls store a CRC of EXE files and when this changes, the program is blocked until the firewall is updated about the change.