PDA

View Full Version : what was i playing?

Laban
6 Aug 2008, 20:50
i hope its cool that i'm asking here, just didn't know where to put it

a couple of years ago i was sitting with my friend when he asked me if i wanted to play worms. the game started, and the interface looked exactly like wa or wwp but when i started playing i saw that you need to place some kind of fort on the ground, and you can shoot only when standing on it.
i thought maybe it was worms forts or blast but i dont think it was.

is there such a game or were we both a bit off :rolleyes: ?

thanks

super_frea
6 Aug 2008, 21:27
This would be the Fort mode on W:A or WWP.

yakuza
7 Aug 2008, 08:13
In neither games you "place some kind of fort on the floor". WWP has a built in fort mode in which you play in your team fort (choosen in your team edit screen). In WA it's no supporter officially by the game but there's a scheme and a map allowing you to play the game mode.

It must have been Worms Forts, but then, what makes you think posting about it in this forum was a good idea?

bonz
7 Aug 2008, 11:16
Could it be that you played a "Fort Builder" game?
You start with a bunch of girder packs on an empty map and build your own fort on each side, then later weapons are available.

Laban
8 Aug 2008, 11:55
no, as i recall it was a small premade fort (looked a bit like a rook), and you had to place it at the begining of the game as a first move - then you could start playing, and the only way to shoot is when standing on the fort.

super_frea how do i access this special mode?

yakuza
9 Aug 2008, 11:51
no, as i recall it was a small premade fort (looked a bit like a rook), and you had to place it at the begining of the game as a first move - then you could start playing, and the only way to shoot is when standing on the fort.

super_frea how do i access this special mode?

You were playing Worm Forts. On your phone.