PDA

View Full Version : Skunk bug!

Dario
4 Aug 2008, 21:33
Check out what Jakka spotted out:
at 13:35 "Worm 43" gets skunked and at the begining of the next turn he loses 10 health!.
Skunk power at 3 and he wasn't ill from a previous turn (as you can see in the replay)

Dario
4 Aug 2008, 21:36
File upload seems to have faild, trying again.

Edit: Just been testing it, it seems to happen when a worm is reached by the poisonous cloud during an extended period.

I honestly don't remember this being possible, could this be something I didn't read about the new patch?.

Squirminator2k
5 Aug 2008, 04:31
Your replay refused to load.

If a worm comes into contact with a poisonous cloud they become ill and start losing (I think) a random amount of health each turn. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

xEMFxEmine
5 Aug 2008, 04:57
Yeah that did seem abit weird, i've never seen such a thing.

yakuza
5 Aug 2008, 08:17

If a worm comes into contact with a poisonous cloud they become ill and start losing (I think) a random amount of health each turn. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

They lose 5 health every turn per Skunk. If he get's skunked twice by two different skunks he loses 10.

Dario: this was never a feature AFAIK so it must be something else.

CyberShadow
5 Aug 2008, 08:58
Update.

It's probably a bug in the following fix:

If a worm has been poisoned during the turn directly before Sudden Death and the Sudden Death action was set to be a nuclear explosion, the nuclear explosion poison was not being added to that worm's poisoned status.

Dario
5 Aug 2008, 15:19
Then it looks like we are going to have this "feature" as long as 3.6.29 lasts ^^. Not a mayor bug imho, though elite matches might be the most affected ones.

Mablak
11 Aug 2008, 00:11
Ahem... I just played elite against myself for a little while, and I've pretty much not even been playing worms lately. I play one game and I immediately notice this bug! It's at 5.30 in the replay below. I'd consider this one of the most significant bugs WA has had since the updates began, this could change the outcome of a lot of serious matches.

MilesTP
11 Aug 2008, 05:11
lol! nice skunk escape!

btw, me too I saw that, a double-poisoned worm into a Deathmatch game. Why? no clue. maybe a big exposition to skunk poison.

CyberShadow
11 Aug 2008, 05:18
Yes, thanks for telling me how much I screwed up, I'm already well aware.

MilesTP
11 Aug 2008, 06:11
You don't screwed up... I just won "Mission 11: Chemical Warfare" twice more faster then without double-poisoning :D

bonz
11 Aug 2008, 11:48
Yes, thanks for telling me how much I screwed up, I'm already well aware.
That's why those updates are called "beta":
To iron out the bugs that the alpha testers have overlooked.

KRD
11 Aug 2008, 15:04
I played in an Elite tournament with over 32 participants last night and as far as I can tell, nobody mentioned or complained about the bug throughout the evening. I never had it happen in any of my five games, although I guess that could be down to skunks bloody hating me and always jumping the wrong way. Still, even in a large tournament where the weapon is used practically every game, sometimes twice, it didn't cause major problems and I don't think waiting for it to be fixed in the next update will result in terrible injustice.

I do hate myself for not spotting it sooner, though.

MilesTP
11 Aug 2008, 16:01
anyway, keep that feature! It's useful, like shot with a longbow upwards.

Koen-ftw
11 Aug 2008, 19:06
The game seems to count the cloud that happens after the skunks explosion as a new one, so you can poison the same worm twice (there are two clouds).

robowurmz
11 Aug 2008, 19:10
The game seems to count the cloud that happens after the skunks explosion as a new one, so you can poison the same worm twice (there are two clouds).

I think he's got it.

You can poison twice if you detonate the skunk near worms.