PDA

View Full Version : WormKit Skips Intro Logos

StoneFrog
4 Aug 2008, 01:46
WormKit skips the Team17 and MicroProse logos, as well as the title screen. Call me insane but (I guess since I haven't been playing it for nine years) I kind of miss the logos and title. Is there a way to run WormKit without it disabling those? I need to use WormKit to override some CD files, by the way.

CyberShadow
4 Aug 2008, 04:56
By default, WormKit runs "WA.exe /nointro". Change the shortcut properties for WormKit and put just WA.exe after WormKit.exe.

StoneFrog
4 Aug 2008, 15:23
Wow, that easy? Thanks. I was about to pry open the source code...

MilesTP
4 Aug 2008, 18:25
By default, WormKit runs "WA.exe /nointro". Change the shortcut properties for WormKit and put just WA.exe after WormKit.exe.
I don't understand how...

yakuza
4 Aug 2008, 18:39
I don't understand how...

Right click on the Wormkit.exe shortcut, click on properties, on the target field go to the end of the text and erase "/nointro"

MilesTP
4 Aug 2008, 19:39
Right click on the Wormkit.exe shortcut, click on properties, on the target field go to the end of the text and erase "/nointro"
I used default wa.exe shortcut and I changed the target to wormkit.exe with using default wa.exe icon. So technically it had no "/nointro" command at the end. Here is attached a screenshot about WA.lnk properties. I could disable /nointro by hex-editing wormkit.exe (yep, sorry ^^) and it worked fine like that.

StoneFrog
4 Aug 2008, 20:12
I MADE a shortcut of WormKit and did what Cyber said - I put the WormKit directory in the "target" field and then the WA one, and it worked. I don't know how that worked but whatever.

And yeah, there IS no shortcut of WormKit, its usage of /nointro is hard coded or something. You need to make a shortcut.

yess
5 Aug 2008, 10:41
By default if you run:
"c:\team17\wa\wormkit.exe"
it will execute:
"c:\team17\wa\wa.exe /nointro"

You can run Worms Armageddon with wormkit and with the intro:
"c:\team17\wa\wormkit.exe" "C:\team17\wa\wa.exe"

You can even run a previous version of worms with the logo and wormkit if you backed up your previous versions .exe file, example:
"c:\team17\wa\wormkit.exe" "C:\team17\wa\wa.3.6.28.exe"

Works for me, let me know if you have trouble.

StoneFrog
5 Aug 2008, 18:59
You can run Worms Armageddon with wormkit and with the intro:
"c:\team17\wa\wormkit.exe" "C:\team17\wa\wa.exe"
This is what I did - there is no /nointro in WK's properties as it's not a Shortcut. You have to make a Shortcut and type in what yess did.