PDA

View Full Version : 3.6.29.0 Crash At WormNet Login

Plainplane
2 Aug 2008, 19:06
I just installed the new beta update, and when it was trying to connect to WormNet, it crashed to the desktop.

Attached is the Errorlog.txt.

CyberShadow
2 Aug 2008, 23:53
This error log is unrelated to your problem.
Are you sure it's not a firewall problem?

Plainplane
3 Aug 2008, 04:14
I'm sure. The firewall is configured to allow the new version of W:A.

After the CTD a message stated a fatal error had occurred and it referred me to the Errorlog.txt. It is the only one I could find, so I assumed it was the one about the problem.

Whatever the case, I was able to launch W:A again and now I have a new problem. I have suddenly lost my ability to host.

I was able to host fine once today, and after the game ended, I tried to host again and people couldn't join. I changed none of the settings between games, in fact I haven't even closed W:A.

I have checked to ensure that all of the ports were forwarded correctly to the computer's local IP address and that the network's IP address matches the IP address in W:A's configuration. I have a cable modem connected to a NetGear router.

CyberShadow
3 Aug 2008, 04:29
Try disabling UPnP in network options.

The error log you provided is from a crash regarding the intro dialogs. Try deleting the error log, reproducing the error then uploading the new error log.

Plainplane
3 Aug 2008, 05:05
I disabled UPNP and I was still unable to host.

I never had a crash at the intro dialogs.

CyberShadow
3 Aug 2008, 06:06
Restart your computer and router.

Did you ever had a crash when starting the game, though?

Plainplane
3 Aug 2008, 06:42
Ok, I will reset the equipment and see what happens. The cable modem itself is prone to failure, despite being replaced several times.

No, I have never had a crash upon starting Worms Armageddon.

ngg
3 Aug 2008, 19:09
Ok, I will reset the equipment and see what happens. The cable modem itself is prone to failure, despite being replaced several times.

No, I have never had a crash upon starting Worms Armageddon.

Originally Posted by KRD View Post
You should try adding the game to your firewall solution's exceptions anew and see if that helps. It's possible the connection is refused because the update switched the old WA.exe with a new file of the same name; seen that happen before.

Plainplane
10 Oct 2008, 15:17
I just got some time to play W:A yesterday. The new version of W:A was allowed in the exceptions the whole time.

I reinstalled 3.6.29.0, and suddenly I was able to host again. :D

franpa
10 Oct 2008, 16:05
firewalls these days tend to "secretely" store a CRC or signature of files added to the exceptions, this means that updating the files will change said signature and CRC and the firewall will block it. To rectify the situation you would have to remove the program from the exception list and readd it to update the stored CRC and Signature of the new file version.