PDA

View Full Version : New Patch - Stereo Sound Awful!!!

mushroom
31 Jul 2008, 03:43
am I the only one who has noticed the new stereo sound in .29 causes varying levels of colume quiet loud quiet lud quiet loud when roping its ****ed up. neways ttyl

CyberShadow
31 Jul 2008, 04:18
Yes, that would happen if you moved the camera around frantically. Sounds will become softer the further they are from the center of the screen. By default, they are loudest on one channel when the sound is played at the vertical center of the corresponding right or left edge of the screen.

MihaiS
31 Jul 2008, 07:35
Stereo sound kicks ass! Better now than never.

Run
31 Jul 2008, 07:48
You can disable them using StereoEffects_Disabled.reg in the tweaks folder if you don't like them.

Diablo vt
31 Jul 2008, 11:46
I love the stereo sound! Thanks.

Gnork
31 Jul 2008, 15:17
yea had to get used to it, but its very funny in big maps where you hear explosions from your attack fading out while you rope away fast xD
gj :P

Konar6
31 Jul 2008, 17:38
I think stereo sound is helpful also when a crate is falling so that you know where to go for it :)

xEMFxEmine
1 Aug 2008, 02:11
I disabled it cause i found it really annoying.. specially since i use headphones.. i didnt like the sound jumping from ear to ear.
And when a crate drops on the other side of the map you hear it then the screen jumps to where the crate is and so does the sound.. i didnt like that.

But yeah for some things i can see that being useful.. maybe i'll reable it and try again with it!

KRD
1 Aug 2008, 14:33
I find it an excellent optional feature that further augments the feeling of chaos that sets 2D Worms games apart from the copycats and the 3D iterations. While it may not work as well for roping schemes as it does for default ones, it doesn't get in the way either if you give it a few games to get used to it, so I would highly recommend doing so.

Nice one making ropers look like braindead idiots yet again, mushroom. :rolleyes:

yakuza
1 Aug 2008, 14:38
Nice one making ropers look like braindead idiots yet again, mushroom. :rolleyes:

Well, one couldn't predict the outcome of an intellectual battle between ropers and defaulters. Elite used to be a scheme for noble and educated wormers, and then the Germans made it theirs and Brazil was involved in the story in some way.

KRD
1 Aug 2008, 14:53
Yeah, but those are details very few on this forum are familiar with; remember that they haven't been on WormNet since 2001. :D

mushroom
5 Aug 2008, 01:24
i did disable it and KRD or whoever said that I was in a rush cause it was in between turns in a roper.

still i donno with wormkit on or something the explosions sound lower?

franpa
5 Aug 2008, 02:56
Are you sure? are you thinking it is 50/50 stereo? (IE: sound is either completely out of the left, right or middle?) because afaik, the audio will also get quieter the further away the camera is from the explosion/action.

Dario
5 Aug 2008, 04:19
I was in a rush cause it was in between turns in a roper.

Yet again, and again. Reminds me of the "I was bored so I made this 20-minutes map"-like comments at wmdb.
Ropa is right though, sadly.

Edit: Stereo sounds is just awesome from my point of view, I wish I had a good sound system in order to get the best out of it.