PDA

View Full Version : Resolution 1920×1440?

9Tnine
30 Jul 2008, 05:28
What do I need to do, to make Resolution 1920×1440 an option, its not even in the list of resolutions to pick from.

robowurmz
30 Jul 2008, 09:32
That would require you had a screen that would be able to show that type of resolution. As far as I can see, it requires a screen that is quite large to maintain aspect ratio.

franpa
30 Jul 2008, 12:22
it requires a screen that is quite large to maintain aspect ratio.uh, what?

balver
30 Jul 2008, 15:54
It's normal 4:3 aspect ratio, dude. :)

franpa
30 Jul 2008, 16:41
It doesnt matter what size your screen physically is.

robowurmz
30 Jul 2008, 16:43
It doesnt matter what size your screen physically is.

Well, in some cases it does; you're not going to get 1600 x 1200 with a 12-inch screen.

yakuza
30 Jul 2008, 16:46
Well, in some cases it does; you're not going to get 1600 x 1200 with a 12-inch screen.

Erm. I think you're putting too much thought into it. If the guy is asking about this particular resolution it's probably because he has it on his machine, in windows or whatever but he's unable to put it on Worms, like it's been the case with a few people recently.

I suggest you do a clean install of the game and apply the latest patch, see if that helps. It might not be supported, though, it'd be strange that, since I'm using the one just below.

robowurmz
30 Jul 2008, 17:05
Hm. Maybe it's the res of a map he's made? Either way, check your graphics card and monitor can display that anyway.

yakuza
30 Jul 2008, 17:12
Hm. Maybe it's the res of a map he's made? Either way, check your graphics card and monitor can display that anyway.

It's not his map, no. He talks about a list, which gives away the fact he's in the option menu in the resolution drop down.

Gosh, we went over this, I'm sure the guy has a monitor and video card capable of displaying that resolution, or else he wouldn't be asking. He's in this forum right here because WA is not allowing him to select a resolution.

That's like telling someone to check if his monitor is on when he asks about "blank screen when starting WA".

robowurmz
30 Jul 2008, 17:15
It's not his map, no. He talks about a list, which gives away the fact he's in the option menu in the resolution drop down.

Gosh, we went over this, I'm sure the guy has a monitor and video card capable of displaying that resolution, or else he wouldn't be asking. He's in this forum right here because WA is not allowing him to select a resolution.

I meant maybe he made a map, and wants the game to be that size so he can see all of his map.

I've seen people asking about strange resolutions and how to set them, when they actually can't.

However, doesn't W:A have a registry entry somewhere that details the custom resolution?

balver
30 Jul 2008, 19:35
I've seen people asking about strange resolutions and how to set them, when they actually can't.

This isn't strange resolution. I see nothing strange in it.

Moreover, I've played Worms in much stranger resolutions and it worked (1417x853 :D). There were some issues, but it worked.

robowurmz
30 Jul 2008, 21:35
This isn't strange resolution. I see nothing strange in it.

Moreover, I've played Worms in much stranger resolutions and it worked (1417x853 :D). There were some issues, but it worked.

You have a point. So this guy should be able to set it with no problems.

franpa
31 Jul 2008, 06:48
If your familiar with editing the resolution 9Tnine, then you can attempt to address the appropriate registry keys that the game uses for storing the resolution setting.